Human Resource Coordinator - GREAT LOOP LOCATION (closed)
HUMAN RESOURE COORDINATOR - GREAT LOOP LOCATION
The Human Resources Coordinator guides and administers the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the entire company. Originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards and goal attainment.
- Responsible for the recruitment and ongoing development of the workforce.
- Coordinates the implementation of hiring, training and on-boarding.
- Answer incoming calls and distribute/respond as necessary.
- Coordinate drug test, MVR/DMV reports, criminal/civil/sex offender background checks and references for all potential new hires.
- Prepare correspondence and memos as needed.
- Manage benefit administration including medical, dental, vision and disability insurance.
- Keep the ADP portal current to include notices of events and announcements.
- Coordinate new hire welcome packets for employees to include company issued equipment, ID Badges and business cards.
- Process paperwork for new employees and enter employee information into the HRIS.
- Record employee information, such as promotions, demotions, transfers, separations, addresses, weekly earnings, amount of sales or production and supervisory reports on performance to maintain and update records.
- Keep track of leave time, such as vacation, personal, and sick leave, for employees.
- Maintain appropriate FMLA tracking where required (WI).
- Process, verify, and maintain personnel related documentation, including staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, classifications, and employee leaves of absence.
- Explain company personnel policies, benefits, and procedures to employees or job applicants.
- Gather personnel records from other departments or employees and maintain them appropriately as required by law.
- Examine employee files to answer inquiries and provide information for personnel actions.
- Answer questions regarding examinations, eligibility, salaries, benefits, and other pertinent information.
- Compile and prepare reports and documents pertaining to personnel activities.
- Acting backup for payroll.
- Provide reports to leadership to include:
- Update the Finance HC report
- Budget Headcount
- Applicant tracking
- Undergraduate degree in human resources management or related discipline.
- PHR preferred.
- Payroll experience and familiarity with ADP required.
- Minimum 4 years HR experience in a role supporting both corporate and blue-collar client groups (ideally in transportation/distribution and ware-housing, manufacturing or a similar plant environment).
- Strong skills in manipulating data utilizing tools such as Excel and Access database programs
- Must possess the ability to work under pressure and occasional micro-management. Should possess the ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.