Distribution Center Operations Manager (closed)
POSITION TITLE: Distribution Center Operations Manager
REPORTING TO: General Manager/Assistant General Manager
THE COMPANY: Tractor Supply Company (http://tractorsupply.com)
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
Our client, Tractor Supply Company, is seeking an Operations Manager for their new Distribution Center based in Franklin, KY. This role will enable Tractor Supply to grow and expand their network to better supply their growing store network across the country.
Founded in 1938 by Charles E. Schmidt, Sr. as a mail order tractor parts business, today Tractor Supply is the largest operator of retail farm stores in America. The stores are located in rural communities and in the outlying areas of large cities—“Out Here”—where people feel a deep connection with their land. The customers are as diverse as the products that are carried: from farmers and ranchers to pet owners and hobbyists, construction and trades people, and suburban landowners. No matter what they’re looking for, they all get the individual attention and service that have become hallmarks of Tractor Supply stores around the country.
A publicly traded company (TSCO), today Tractor Supply operates stores in 44 states—employing over 15,000 friendly, community-minded team members—and we’re growing strong. It’s an exciting time to be a part of Tractor Supply as we take our business in bold new directions. If you’re passionate about service and looking for a place where you can put down roots and grow, join us.
The Tractor Supply distribution network serves over 1000 Tractor Supply stores from coast to coast. In support of our strong store growth, we are increasing our capacity and upgrading our DC systems and technology, and are seeking talented leaders to join our team. An extraordinary career opportunity awaits the DC Operations Manager with a passion for people, performance and continuous improvement.
The DC Operations Manager will be responsible for directing the daily activities of the DC on a single shift, including, supervision, and proper utilization of space, equipment and manpower. Key responsibilities include: DC standard work, productivity, LOS, safety, security, and housekeeping.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE-SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES (preferred):
- Bachelors degree with a minimum of five (5) years large operations management experience.
- Management skills preferred with emphasis on leadership, supervision, motivation, communication and planning.
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated people skills and passion for leading in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills: working knowledge of a Windows based computer environment
- Team player with strong leadership, communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced distribution center environment, on any shift as needed
- Experience with high-volume DC systems and equipment, including Warehouse Management Systems and automated pick systems.
- Analytical skills to include problem identification and resolution
- Ability to plan, organize, direct and control workflow and processes
- Supervise processes to ensure efficient and cost effective operation & utilization of the facility.
- Drive workflow in the DC, including receiving, putaway, picking, shipping, and administrative activities to ensure objectives are met in an efficient manner.
- Attend daily warehouse meetings and interact with line supervisors and senior management to ensure shift objectives are being met.
- Direct the functions and personnel of a shift or function to achieve desired results per the daily operations plan.
- Apply sound communication and motivational techniques in supervising, counseling, and disciplining subordinates.
- Monitor approved labor standards to ensure a productive labor force
- Participate in the annual budget process to assure all expenses are covered and justified.
- Assist in the recruiting and development of Supervisors in Training.
- Direct the DC safety program for the assigned shift to ensure the safety of all team members within the work place.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Individuals in this position will primarily be located in semi-climate controlled environments that are subject to temperature extremes. Movement of mobile and fixed equipment; possible exposure to hazardous products, and other conditions associated with a warehouse operation. Duties include occasional alternate standing, bending, stooping, and sitting, throughout the course of the shift and may also involve active participation in the distribution processes such as lean events, evacuation, and cycle counting, and other special project as assigned.
We are anticipating a base salary commensurate with the experience and skill level of the successful candidate. Bonus opportunities will also be available. Standard benefits (such as life, medical and dental) are part of the total compensation package.
If you are qualified and interested in being considered as a candidate for this opportunity, please submit your resume (in WORD format), along with your most recent compensation information to Resumes@Ryansc.net . Please indicate DC Operations Manager role in the subject line.