Distribution Center Supervisor (closed)
Our client, Tractor Supply Company, is seeking a number of Supervisors for their new Distribution Center based in Franklin, KY. These roles will enable Tractor Supply to grow and expand their network to better supply their growing store network across the country.
Founded in 1938 by Charles E. Schmidt, Sr. as a mail order tractor parts business, today Tractor Supply is the largest operator of retail farm stores in America. Our stores are located in rural communities and in the outlying areas of large cities—“Out Here”—where people feel a deep connection with their land. Our customers are as diverse as the products we carry: from farmers and ranchers to pet owners and hobbyists, construction and trades people, and suburban landowners. No matter what they’re looking for, they all get the individual attention and service that have become hallmarks of Tractor Supply stores around the country.
A publicly traded company (TSCO), today Tractor Supply operates stores in 44 states—employing over 15,000 friendly, community-minded team members—and we’re growing strong. It’s an exciting time to be a part of Tractor Supply as we take our business in bold new directions. If you’re passionate about service and looking for a place where you can put down roots and grow, join us.
The Tractor Supply distribution network serves over 1000 Tractor Supply stores from coast to coast. In support of our strong store growth, we are increasing our capacity and upgrading our DC systems and technology, and are seeking talented leaders to join our team. An extraordinary career opportunity awaits DC supervisors with a passion for people, performance and continuous improvement.
The DC Supervisor manages all aspects of daily operations of a department of hourly team members, and is responsible for: completing the daily workload in an efficient and safe manner; demonstrating a commitment to teamwork, growth and development, and positive team member relations; continuous improvement of performance and processes; meeting operational objectives and complying with all relevant standards and guidelines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE-SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES (preferred):
- Bachelor's degree preferred, in Business, Logistics, or related field.
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated people skills and passion for leading in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills: warehouse management systems, Word, and Excel
- Five years DC or comparable supervisory experience
- Team player with strong leadership, communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced distribution center environment, on any shift as needed
- Experience with high-volume DC systems and equipment, including WMS, RF, conveyors and sortation, voice pick, labor management.
- Direct, train, coach and develop hourly team members, including providing frequent and provide constructive feedback, recognizing good performance and addressing performance issues.
- Develop and execute plans to complete the daily workload, including monitoring staffing and performance, and making necessary adjustments.
- Achieve all relevant goals and objectives related to productivity, quality, safety, and customer service.
- Communicate company and DC policies, standards, expectations, information and changes. Contribute to and support company and DC programs, projects and initiatives.
- Build and maintain a positive work environment with strong team member relations through effective communication, responsiveness to concerns and suggestions, fair and consistent treatment, and effective coaching and performance management.
- Ensure a safe work environment through education and training, promoting safety awareness and accountability, and identifying and addressing potential hazards.
We are anticipating a base salary commensurate with the experience and skill level of the successful candidate. Bonus opportunities will also be available. Standard benefits (such as life, medical and dental) are part of the total compensation package.
If you are qualified and interested in being considered as a candidate for this opportunity, please submit your resume (in WORD format), along with your most recent compensation information to Resumes@Ryansc.net . Please indicate DC Supervisor role in the subject line.