Finance Business Partner for Shipmanagement
Working closely as a key member of the Shipmanagement department, this role acts as the liaison point which represents and facilitates the requirements between the finance organisation and the business.
With a strong commercial orientation, this role is responsible for working with the business to establish ways of optimising the return on current investments, identifying strategic opportunities for financial growth and facilitating cost saving initiatives to help maximise business profitability.
DEPARTMENT: Planning and Finance
REPORT TO: Direct Line to Global Business Partner and dotted line to the GVP Shipmanagement.
MUST HAVE: "Shipping Background"/"Shipping Experience"
- Work closely with the business areas to thoroughly understand the drivers of performance and success in the business and challenge decisions, manage performance, set financial targets, analyse and interpret historical and predicted data and provide sound financial commentary.
- Provide primary quality control over management reporting produced by Finance department by ensuring consistency of information with known business trends.
- Using the financial indicators, trends and models - identify ways of growing the business revenue and opportunities for cost savings. Manage their implementation in order to increase business profitability and develop the financial strategy and policies accordingly.
- Drive performance management with the internal managers. Work with the Finance function to ensure accuracy of management reporting in the business. Identify and address gaps in performance or over spend and agree with the business [ensuring their ownership of responsibility] the methods for getting back on track.
- Work with the business to create the annual financial planning activities and budgets in line with the Annual Budget Timetable.
- Work with the business to produce accurate forecasting, ensuring these are built around sound commercial assumptions.
- Working with Planning and Finance centres of expertise, assist in providing financial and cost-benefit analysis and input and modelling on key business investments, such as major services contracts and acquisitions/JV arrangements, and providing support on the due diligence, tax advice and financial analysis as required.
- Act as a key member of the senior planning and finance team - identifying and supporting the implementation of key initiatives to help with continuously improving the services of the planning and finance organisation and morale of its employees.
- Degree in Marketing, Economics, Business or Finance
- Qualified with a professional financial body (ICAEW / ICPA / ACCA / CIMA / CFA etc)
- Eight years experience of managing a commercial business or operation within the industry.
- Experience of change management and project management with introducing new, global finance systems and processes.
- Sound knowledge of financial practices, modelling and reporting standards applicable in region
- Advanced Excel and Powerpoint
- Familiar with Oracle.
- Charismatic thought leader within commercial and financial disciplines.
- Clear communicator, avoids jargon when speaking with the business, able to explain concepts simply.
- Highly numerate - can see trends and pin point reporting errors rapidly.
- Takes the initiative to address problems and follow through, working closely and collaboratively with all parts of the business.
- Change facilitator.
- Able to work effectively in a matrix environment.
- Logical and analytical thinker.
- Accurate and attentive to detail.
- Professional with high integrity and leadership.
- Exploratory in approach.
- Ability to coach senior management team members, especially from a financial perspective.
If you are interested then please send your CV in MS Word Format at firstname.lastname@example.org &(CC)email@example.com mentioning the Job Title (Finance Business Partner for Shipmanagement) or the Reference No. (ANDE 25239) or give me a call at +65 6557 4673