Software Development Engineer (298772) (closed)
Volt has a position open with our Software Manufacturing Client in Redmond, WA where you will review warnings generated by our Software Client's tools. You will prioritize warnings with strong guidance and draft recommended solutions to each warning.
Volt's Client is part of a game organization and the team collaborates with several of the Game Studios portfolios. Also, being an internal development team they are constantly looking into the newest technologies. They are taking on new responsibilities, specifically: providing support to run static source code analysis tools (PREfix) for various teams.
Software Development Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- This project uses internal tools to analyze code and simulate the execution of the game code targeting the gaming console. Getting these tools to work in the build environment with code targeting various platforms can be difficult, and requires a strong knowledge of C++.
- During this analysis, 10,000 - 30,000 warnings are generated. The Developer then needs to go through the warnings, identify the severity of the warning, determine if it is a false positive and provide a 3-4 sentence recommendation of how to resolve the underlying issue that's the root cause of the warning (as the warning may be raised several steps away from the real issue). This requires strong communication skills.
- Finally, there will be C# tools that tie into a SQL Server database that will be used to monitor progress and automate several tasks.
This is an estimated 12 month Contingent/Temporary position located in Redmond, WA, through Volt Technical Resources, also located in Redmond, WA. We are among the largest IT Staffing Companies in the US for Contingent/Temporary, Temp to Hire and Direct Hire placements, and support many of the top rated IT Companies in the Pacific Northwest.
We're searching for someone that has development skills and expertise and also has a passion for ensuring quality code and is not daunted by the task of working through so many messages.
Software Development Engineer Qualifications:
- 2+ years of work related experience required.
- C/C++ is required with several years real-world experience.
- DirectShow experience.
- Strong preference for C# and SQL Server knowledge - 1-2 year minimum experience. (SQL Server can be learned on the job.)
- Build Environment is preferred: 1-2 years. This includes makefiles, cl.exe, link.exe, and the processes involved behind the scenes when you click "Build" in Visual Studio.
- Strong communication skills are required.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field required.
- Master's degree is preferred and may substitute for a portion of the related experience.
Please Note - Depending on the Project Specs:
- This role may require advanced knowledge of programming languages and/or development tools in one area, and moderate level skills in multiple areas such as C#, ASP.NET, C/C++, SQL Server 2008, Win32 API, MFC, COM.
- This role may also require experience across multiple tiers of development involving low level, embedded, middle and front end such as TCP/IP, WinCE and multi-threading.
When inquiring, please reference Job Number: 300269-9382-12-298772