Mechanical Design Technologist (closed)
The Engineering Construction and Management Division of Design Group, in concert with our client, a well known Canadian company involved with the design and manufacturing of worksite structures in Oil and Gas EPC, and Commercial Construction projects in Alberta is currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Design Technologist based in Calgary, AB to join their team.
The Mechanical Design Technologist provides technical support and oversees the mechanical design of a building. The mechanical design technologist prepares mechanical designs and AutoCAD drafting for building construction systems such as HVAC systems, plumbing/sanitary and fire protection for worksite buildings.
· Identify mechanical requirements from client's drawings and specifications.
· Design and drawing production for various HVAC systems including hot water glycol, natural gas, air conditioning, ventilation, and plumbing/sanitary.
· Produce various drawings including equipment layouts, schematics, sections and details, and bills of materials.
· Sizing and selection of HVAC piping and equipment.
· Mechanical design support as part of multi-discipline teams.
· Prepare work scope and mechanical equipment specifications
Prepare detailed evaluation of supplier bids and present to estimating group.
· Evaluate supplier bids for compliance, client specifications and scope of work.
· Design, sourcing and evaluation of fire suppression systems.
· Work in a team environment with other design and drafting disciplines.
· Coordinate mechanical design with structural steel layout.
· Interface with electrical design group on electrical requirements, characteristics, and classification.
· Operate within ISO Quality system and company safety policy in all phases of assignments.
· Safety, Cost, Schedule and Quality related to work executed
· Uphold the company Code of Ethics
· Other duties as assigned
· Mechanical Engineering or Technology Degree /Diploma
· A minimum of 5 years experience
· Demonstrated competency in HVAC, plumbing/sanitary, fire protection and other fields in mechanical engineering
· Strong Autocad skills are a must, Revit skills are highly valued.
· Working knowledge of consensus standards and codes including but not limited to ASHRAE, Alberta Building Code, and the National Building Code of Canada.
· Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple projects in various stages of development
· Strong communication and relationship management skills
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Able to work under pressure accurately, with little supervision; hard worker as job deadlines are priority.
Should you feel that you have the necessary skills to succeed in this role, please send your resume quoting job#38902 to:
Construction and Engineering