System Administrator 3 (Unix) (closed)
A restricted program in Reston, Virginia is seeking a System Administrator to support a program providing large-scale development, testing, deployment and O&M. The qualifed candidate will join a team that is responsible for the administration, maintenance, monitoring and support of a global IT operations center. The qualified candidate will be responsible for the investigation, resolution, and explanation of system related issues. The candidate will also be required to deploy and implement enhancements that will improve the reliability, maintainability, and performance of the system and its infrastructure. In accordance with customer's security policies and directives, the candidate will deploy, maintain, and enhance the security of server and desktop systems through administrative, preventive, detective, and reactive controls, such as change and configuration management, anti-virus measures, patch management, and system scans. Candidate should be self-motivated, a good team player, possess good communications skills, and be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment. Occasional off-hours support is required.
- A current and active TS/SCI clearance with full-scope polygraph is required. Candidates without this clearance will not be considered for the position.
- Bachelors Degree with at least 5 years related experience (4 years additional experience may substitute for degree)
- At least 3 years systems administration experience with UNIX/Linux systems
- Practical knowledge of TCP/IP
- Good understanding of network engineering and security principles (e.g. protocols, routing, switching, filtering, Firewall rules, etc.)
- Excellent customer service skills, including end-user support experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as demonstrated by technical synopses, white papers, presentations, etc.
- Ability to manage assigned tasks, interact with internal and external customers and development teams, and clearly communicate status information.
- Candidate should be able to work independently or as a member of a team on complex tasks.
- Experience working with VM’s & VM Ware (e.g., vSphere 3.5 or 4.0)
- Experience with Unix/Linux monitoring tools
- Experience working with Storage Area Networks and Network Attached Storage
- Scripting languages (Perl, Bash, sh, ksh)