Leads the definition, design and documentation of technical environments at detailed level. Deploy solution architectures, conduct analysis of alternative architectures, create architectural standards, define processes to ensure conformance to standards, institute solution-testing criteria, define a solution's cost-of-ownership, and promote a clear and consistent business vision through technical architectures.
- Lead a team of engineers Designing, Implementing, Supporting & Documenting Extranet, and LAN networks using switches, encryptors, firewalls and load balancers.
- Resolve complex network or network related issues.
- Complete implementation projects independently with minimal direction.
- Modify and improve existing network designs.
- Must have a Top Secret clearance and able to obtain an SCI
- Associate's degree and 5 years work experience OR 7 years related experience.
- 3 years of LAN (Local Area Network) or WAN (Wide Area Network) support including port aggregation, trunking & STP
- 1 yr experience with communication protocols i.e. ARQ, flow control, queuing theory, routing & switching protocols.
- 1 yr experience of TCP, DHCP, DNS, VTP, and LACP
- Excellent Customer communication skills
- Knowledge of network mgt software products, TACACS protocol & IT security
- Knowledge of Cisco CLI & some product exposure
- Some exposure to communication protocols .i.e. ARQ, flow control, queuing theory, routing & switching protocols.
- Drafting skill & Visio or AutoCad experience
- Experience with encryptors, tunnels, load balancers & firewalls
- Experience configuring Network Mgt Systems
- Design experience with LAN switches, load balancing, firewalls
- Experience with protocol decoding