Product Manager (closed)
Reporting to the General Manager, Tijuana, the Product Manager is responsible for providing the key interface between the marketing companies, segment & GIT (Growth Initiative Team), SCM-LCA (Supply Chain Management / Logistics Center Americas), select direct customers, and the Tijuana manufacturing plant. In this role the product manager is responsible for developing the product strategy, promoting the sites capabilities and training key personnel (sales engineers & applications engineers) within marketing companies and segment & GIT members to generate new business growth. The product manager will need to develop growth strategies that deliver profitable growth for both the marketing companies and the plant. The product manager is expected to provide the marketing company with the tools necessary to sell and when required accompany them on customer visits.
· Act as the key strategic decision influencer for the product group. - Keep abreast of market trends in territories and segments which could affect future product opportunities and developments. - Responsible for developing the Tijuana Strategic Business Plan (1 - 3 years) and annual product plan for the Tijuana plant. - Identify sales targets by territory based on segment, customer and application knowledge. Work with the MC General Management and segments/GIT?s to deliver these objectives.
· Reporting to the General Manager of Tijuana the Product Manager must be (become) the product(s) expert & champion and have a full understanding of manufacturing processes and drivers. - Act as a key link between MCs/LCA and MU (Manufacturing Unit) to forecast demand and capacity planning. - Initiate, organize and control the information flow between MCs and MU on all technical and marketing aspects (ie product positioning, pricing, lead times, new Product and material developments and monitoring competitor activity).
· Interface with customers as necessary in conjunction with the MCs and key account managers. Understand the complete sales process.
· Provide Product Group training and training materials to Application Engineers and Sales Engineers in the MCs. Consistently arm the sales force with the sales tools needed to be effective.
· Responsible for developing and coordinating marketing materials such as brochures, catalogues, exhibit strategy/coordination, & presentation materials for the Tijuana plant. Additionally lead Tijuana effort to regularly publish Intercompany good news stories or communicating recent key achievements.
· Serve as the key link in relaying customer and market segment needs to MU personnel.
· Liaise with R&D and product engineering on developing appropriate test data and specifications for new product or material promotion.
· Be a part of our Global Product Management team as applicable.
· Develop and maintain first class service relationship between the Tijuana, Global Supply Chain Management and the marketing companies.
· Support the preparation of annual Business Plan, mid-term plan and strategic plan for Tijuana.
· Supports development of annual budgets, sales forecasts, revenue & CAPEX budgets for the ana plant.
· Maintains competitor files and periodic review of new products/technologies offered.
· Works closely with GM on all issues concerning product offerings including: Margin analysis, transfer pricing solutions, maximizing overall margins, methods to address low margin products, and agree/initiate necessary actions coordinated with the marketing companies to address the gaps.
· Annual review of cost management & current pricing to determine any required negotiation points prior to F1 annual planning cycle.
· Ensures that business has the right product offerings which support strategic positioning goals and remains competitive in chosen markets. Advises and implements best route-to-market.
· Assess current products offered, new products that could/should be offered, which products to exit, and identify new opportunities for business growth. Lead prioritization effort in conjunction with GM.
· Mature business professional with experience of a technical sales and a background in rubber manufacturing technology.
· Excellent communicator with the ability to manage the complex relationship between operations, marketing/sales, and supply chain management.
· Experience of working across different business cultures in a matrix organization structure.
· Technical first-degree probable, but with excellent commercial and communication skills.
· Experience in a demanding, high quality, innovative manufacturing environment. Calm under pressure.
· Comfortable in an international business trading with many countries. Comfortable with the functional business model.
· Previous experience of product management in a business.
· Strategic thinker & planner with the ability to drive ambitious growth and performance targets.
· Must be fluent in English and Spanish.
· Plant or operations experience a plus.
· Previous experience of in seals industry desirable.
· Automotive or industrial experience desirable.
· Knowledge of diaphragm, PHE, & extrusion markets desirable.
· Must be able to work in Tijuana, Mexico.
· Must have a 4 year University or College degree. Preferred Engineering Degree
· 5+ years of related work experience.
· Must be willing to travel as required (10%+/-).
· Must have technical acumen.
· Proven commercial, sales, & business development capability.