Director, Specialty Pharmacy (closed)
Specialty Pharmacy is a high-touch patient, clinical and cost management business model. Therefore, the Director provides strategic oversight to the daily operational workflow, patient clinical management, expense control and profitability for this high cost (avg Rx Price $2800) business unit. The Director seeks business growth opportunities through industry relationships, intelligence gathering and competitive analysis. Builds a strong team and drives team performance.
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Specialty Pharmacy & Sales
- Provides strategic leadership through team development, clinical expertise and workflow disciplines
- Achieves financial and operational objectives for the specialty business unit through accurate planning and execution
- Collaborates with cross functional leaders/teams within WellCare to promote the use of Exactus Pharmacy Solutions and to communicate the clinical and cost management value to the patient/member and company.
- Drives the selection of vendors and suppliers
- Leads Pharmacists in the development and optimization of workflow processes and clinical management
- Develops financial and operational metrics to track business requirements/performance and to identify operational improvement opportunities
- Partners with the Exactus Sales Directors to promote the overall business/clinical product and to serve as the main business contact for external clients (both payers and pharma/biotech)
- Leads, manages and develops direct reports. Sets strategic direction and allocates resources as required
Education: A Bachelor's in Pharmacy. A Pharm D preferred.
Experience: 7+ years experience in the pharmacy industry with overall experence in managed care (specifically in the area of specialty clinical management). Experience with Specialty Pharmacy operations is a plus.
Licenses/Certifications: Florida or state pharmacy license. Florida consultant pharmacy license.