Consumer Lending Underwriter (closed)
BAYTOWN AREA: Email resumes and referrals to email@example.com
Searching for Consumer Lending Underwriter
- Provides staff support to assure that proper loan information is collected to maintain acceptable credit standards conforming with loan guidelines and policies; analyzes loan requests and makes loan decisions to assist members with their consumer lending needs; adheres to Federal and State Laws and Regulations.
- Employee shall demonstrate an understanding of, and follow the requirements of all regulation compliance, including but not limited to those of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering AML), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Customer Identification Program (CIP) and Member Due Diligence (MDD) as it specifically relates to their job functions. Employee shall be trained annually in BSA/AML compliance.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes current financial position of members to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
- Makes decisions to approve, counter offer, deny or forward the loan request to higher levels for decision.
- Establishes the terms and conditions of an approved loan.
- Participates in sales; actively cross-sells other company services.
- Responsible for the overall quality of the loans that make up the individual underwriter’s portfolio. The quality of the underwriter’s portfolio should be such that losses and delinquencies are within acceptable limits and loans are properly documented to reflect the credit decisions.
- Actively participates in projects assigned by the Credit Manager
- Keeps informed of current trends in consumer credit.
- Authorizes release of collateral on existing loans, changes in loan terms, waivers of payments, due date changes, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience: Five years to ten years of similar or related experience.
Education: Equivalent two-year college degree on completion of a specialized course of study at a business/trade school.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal Courtesy and tact.
Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
Other Skills: Must have good computer, data analysis, verbal and written communication skills.
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in this position, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if this is not a position you are interested in, but know someone who is. WE PAY REFERRALS!!!!!