Systems Developer; Technical Lead - 516 (closed)
Position: Systems Developer; Technical Lead
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Reports To: Manager, Systems Development
The successful candidate will be accountable for helping develop solutions that ensure we continue to deliver exceptional customer experience. Also key to this position is the ability to mentor and provide technical leadership to development and implementation teams.
The Technical Lead will have several years of experience in design and development of innovative web technology / enterprise level applications, solving diverse and complex business problems.
The successful candidate will work hand in hand with project management to lead a team focused on innovative design and development of "SMART" solutions for Utility products..
Why you should join Just Energy:
Energy, opportunity, and growth: You can realize your potential here at Just Energy.
We are a North American market leader in green energy, retail energy, and home services, with a market capitalization of $2 Billion, and 1.8 million customers across North America. We provide an energetic and engaging work environment that is focused on professional and business growth, and where our colleagues have opportunities to excel and be rewarded for our mutual success. We guide ourselves in all our efforts by our vision to revolutionize how our customers use energy, and to uphold critical corporate values of integrity, innovation, customer-centricity, responsibility, enrichment, and excellence. If you are interested in being part of one of the largest energy retailers and renewable energy providers in North America, then join us.
Your primary accountabilities:
- Manage the scope and technical delivery of projects.
- Coordinate team's development effort and align with business needs and priorities.
- Provide hands-on solution consultancy in software system design and development of best practices and refactoring.
- Apply industry and technical knowledge to provide solutions that increase business results and minimize risk.
- Develop shared reusable components and frameworks to increase reusability and solution robustness.
- Participate in meetings with Project Management to translate business needs into technical requirements.
- Be responsible for the quality of deliverables.
- Assume technical leadership role on project.
- Exercise leadership through superior technical and domain knowledge.
- Conduct regular code reviews.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement, seek solutions and make recommendations.
- Lead initiatives & acts as a change agent (embraces change and helps other to embrace it).
- Ensure consistent improvement in the team's iteration code velocity.
- Manage rework (bug fixes) effort at percentage of the overall effort.
- QA testing support and production defect support.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Information Technology).
- Minimum of 7 years IT experience.
- Knowledge of various design patterns.
- Experience in software development lifecycle (SDLC) including requirements gathering, design, coding testing, and testing support activities.
- Excellent analytical and process oriented skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to lead cross functional teams
- Great autonomy with speed of execution and precision
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Strong software development skills