High Frequency Trading Engineer – New York/Chicago (closed)
Please send resumes to email@example.com or call 212-244-4220 x113 and ask Tom for more details.
Our client, a leading electronic trading firm seeks an exceptional Software Engineer as they expand their highly successful, fully automated computerized trading franchise. You will work 100% in the business (traders/quants) and have absolute mobility within the firm.
This is a unique opportunity to join a firm who believes the most important factor in their success and rapid growth is their culture; combining a low-ego and respectful environment with vigorous debate, mental flexibility, continuous innovation, and teamwork. The firm maintains a completely open internal environment with no barriers between traders, developers and quants. They believe work should be fun, put a premium on quality of life and create an environment to include that.
Financial experience not required.
- Key role in the design, architecture and implementation of automated trading systems including risk management and valuation models.
- Learn and internalize the theories behind current trading system.
- Take ownership of system from design through implementation.
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering from top school with a high GPA, post graduate degrees preferred
- Excellent C++ or Java programming skills
- Experience with Unix/Linux (Windows a plus)
- Brilliant problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated experience working on the design, implementation, and deployment of large, complex software projects.
- Practical knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Ability to understand sophisticated mathematical and financial concepts.