Controls Engineer (closed)
Controls Engineer - Software Designer
Design and develop world class automation solutions. Contribute to development of machine concepts, design of control software, integration of software with electrical and mechanical systems, process development and machine installation at customer sites worldwide. Programming and integration assignments involve leading edge technologies and processes utilizing PLCs, PCs, robotics, motion controllers, vision systems, laser and other controllers.
- Design and develop software programs (PLC and/or PC based) specific to customer and project requirements based
- Debug and commission control systems at our facilities during the system integration stage and then at the customer’s site during installation.
- Travel, as required, to customer and supplier sites to perform installation, commissioning, and training duties.
- Select, test, and integrate hardware and software components such as robots, analog devices, motion controllers, sensors, vision systems, lasers, and other control related hardware.
- Work with other members of the control systems design project team, department and other groups to continuously improve methods of integrating controls technology, with the goals being enhanced safety, enhanced functionality and reduced cost.
- Work with other members of the control systems design project team, department and other groups to ensure that software design labor, schedules, and material budgets are adhered to or improved upon.
- Work with project managers, customers, designers, toolmakers, and electricians to solve problems in order to provide the customer with a complete functional system.
- Provide thorough testing of machine functionality to verify that the software program meets the project requirements.
- Provide accurate documentation for each project.
- Inform and advise customer on solving technical problems
- Provide customer with training specific to their current project. i.e.: machine operation, programming principles, and program structure.
- Adhere to all Health and safety rules and procedures.
- These responsibilities are subject to change as a function of the individuals’ abilities.
A post-secondary technology diploma or engineering degree or equivalent, specializing in electronics, electrical, or controls technology or related experience.
- Minimum three years hands-on programming and troubleshooting experience with current controls hardware and programming software, preferably in an industrial automation environment.
- A self-starter with the ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong programming, mechanical, and electrical problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written.
- Hands-on experience with robotics, control systems, and machine operation.
- Experience the Allen Bradley and Siemens S7 a big plus
Must be able to work in the US - No sponsorship