Senior Network Engineer (closed)
Our Technology department employs 140 professionals and delivers all technology solutions used within the firm. Technology seeks individuals that are highly proficient in their respective technology platform, articulate, solution driven, client focused and proactive in building their technology skills The Network Engineering Team consists of 6 engineers and they manage all aspects of the network: LAN, WAN, internet connectivity, security, market data connectivity, wiring plant, etc. The network consists of:
- 15 sites
- 100+ routers
- 100+ switches
- 50+ firewalls
- Other network appliances
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the engineering, installation and maintenance of one or several of the following disciplines: Local and Wide Area Networks, Data Centers, VOIP Networks, Virtual Infrastructure, Security Appliances, and Wireless Networks.
- Install, support and configure Cisco routers and switches as well as all necessary security solutions.
- Provide ongoing network maintenance, including updates and security patches.
- Monitor, evaluate, and solve potential network performance issues.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to the installation, administration, and maintenance of network infrastructure.
- Evaluate new network technology.
- Assist with the planning and design of future network architecture.
- Network monitoring, management and troubleshooting with various tools including Solar Winds Orion NPM, Netflow Traffic Analyzer and protocol analyzer.
- Assist/Support other network related tasks/requirements as directed by the Manager.
- Available on-call to assist with trouble tickets as needed
- Manage projects and deliver on time with periodic status reports to management.
- Manage and coordinate installation of new data services
- Support other Technology Teams during Moves, Add and Changes.
- Support relationships with vendors and partners
Interact with other Technology teams regarding new application deployments and service installations.
- At least 3 - 5 years of Financial data communications and networking experience
- Extensive knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies (Gigabit Ethernet, L2/L3 Switching, Frame Relay, VLANs)
- Experience in security related fields (firewalls, IDP, VPN, network access control, Juniper, Cisco and secure web gateway devices)
- Extensive experience in the configuration and troubleshooting of routing protocols (EIGRP, BGP)
- Experience with F5 and Citrix Netscaler LTM and GTM appliances
- Experience with wireless area networks
- Provide review of functional specifications and design documentation for effective deployment and operation of network services.
- Prepare documentation supporting network requirements, connectivity, implementation and testing.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Extensive project management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Task oriented individual, capable of taking ownership of projects and bringing them to fruition.
THIS IS A PERMANENT POSITION NOT A CONTRACT
ABSOLUTELY NO THIRD PARTIES
VISA TRANSFERS MAY BE CONSIDERED