Senior Business Analyst (closed)
SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking a senior level Business Analyst for our client in Norfolk, Virginia.
The Senior Business Analyst position is part of IT Knowledge Solutions supporting the Web. This individual will interact directly with marketing, medical/clinical staff, various business owners and the Development Team. The primary responsibility is the building of effective and efficient solutions that meet the needs of the stakeholders, while aligning with strategic goals. This individual will elicit, define and validate requirements while interacting with the Development Team in building “best practice” solutions. Project planning, scoping, resource tracking and risk management are required skills. This position will interact at a customer service level with internal and external customers as well as internal/external resources to ensure that projects meet expectations and are on time.
* Develop Web solutions based on requirements that meet business objectives, while employing “best practices” in web design.
* Develop artifacts that provide the ability to validate requirements and expectations proactively.
* Establishes Web project scope by studying strategic business drivers; discovering and validating business and technical requirements and parameters; obtaining input from subject-matter experts; examining and recommending changes to current business practices; developing and writing proposals.
* Develops Web solutions by formulating objectives; planning project life-cycle deliverables and resource availability and application; preparing installation and modification specifications; leading the exploration, evaluation, and design of technical solutions.
* Implements Web solutions by monitoring project progress; tracking action items; conducting design and implementation reviews; examining, researching, and resolving issues; escalating issues to appropriate authority, coordination of requirements with multiple stakeholders.
* Meets cost standards by monitoring expenses; recommending cost-saving actions.
* Provides project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
* Updates job knowledge by tracking technology and project management advances; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* 3 - 5 years working experience implementing solutions with Microsoft SharePoint and Sharepoint Designer
* 3 - 5 years deploying solutions that have NINTEX Workflows
* 3 - 5 years experience managing Web and e-business projects – timelines, budgets, processes
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Knowledge and understanding of the best practices in Web development, digital trends, technology.
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project)
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business or related discipline