Lead Hydrocracking Technical Sales Engineer (closed)
Seeking a Lead Technology Specialist in UOP's Catalysts, Adsorbents & Specialties business unit. Position plays a key role in supporting the CA&S sales process for hydroprocessing technologies.
- Participate in customer discussions for “take-away” reload projects to provide technical sales support and develop an understanding of the customer’s needs and expectations in order to meet or exceed customer requirements and increase satisfaction.
- Supports execution of specific strategic “take-away” reload programs through identification of target customers, development of business case for specific opportunities (including yield estimates), input on strategy for sales event (blue sheet), preparation and/or delivery of sales support presentations and direct customer meeting support.
- Collects customer intelligence on market trends and competitor strategies and products. Provides information to Hydroprocessing Business Analyst, Global Catalyst Sales Support Manager and Product Manager for subsequent analysis and feedback to the Product Line Operating Team.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the catalyst capabilities including our value propositions for the UOP Catalyst, Adsorbents & Specialties business unit, concentrating on the assigned area of expertise, and becoming recognized internally and externally as a technology expert.
- Participates in post-mortem project analysis on key wins and losses in their respective area to ascertain reasons for winning and losing and make recommendations to improve future sales efforts. Lessons learned will be fed back to Hydroprocessing Business Analyst, Global Catalyst Sales Support Manager and Product Manager for subsequent analysis.
- Working in conjunction with the Global Catalyst Sales Support Manager, develops and maintains tools (including presentations, template proposals, value propositions, spreadsheets, etc.) to be used by CA&S Sales and sales support personnel to facilitate productive sales pursuits.
- Participates in voice of the customer exercises to obtain feedback on our quality, development and sales process. Identifies customer and market needs and translates them into product requirements that steer R&D programs for new product development.
- Working in conjunction with the Global Catalyst Sales Support Manager, supports launching of new products through identification of target customers, development of business case for specific opportunities (including yield estimates), input on strategy for sales event (blue sheet), preparation and /or delivery of sales support presentations, coordination of commercial trials and direct customer meeting support.
- Working with R&D, facilitates transfer to commercial stage of latest technology advancements in the assigned area of expertise. Provides support to Sales through customer visits, technical presentations, licensee symposia and papers.
- In times of peak demand beyond UOP Technical Service capabilities, provides independent catalyst performance yield estimates (YEs) to support an incumbent catalyst reload opportunity or catalyst performance evaluation. Coordinates the development of valuable and consistent tools for efficiently delivering service. Reviews YEs generated by Service and/or R&D related to assigned area of expertise.
- BS Degree in Chemical Engineering
- 5+ yrs of exp in Engineering, Process Engineering, Technical Services or equivalent industry process operations exp.
- 3+ years of exp with Hydrocracking technology
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills for direct customer interaction and UOP CA&S personnel
- Solid comprehensive problem solving skills.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Must be willing to travel 25% of the time domestically and internationally.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.