Product Development Engineer (closed)
Product Development Engineer
We have an opening for a Product Development Engineer. We manufacture magnetic cores for use in the electronics and telecommunications industries, and have facilities in China, Hong Kong, and the US.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in material development, preferably in soft magnetic materials. The Product Development Engineer will develop new soft magnetic materials and the products made from them through research and collaboration with internal and external resources, be capable of shepherding new products from the research stage through to initial production operation, and manage a small group of engineers and technicians with similar responsibilities.
• Develop new products and processes by designing and conducting research programs, applying knowledge of modern material manufacturing techniques, material properties and final application of the end product.
• Characterize and evaluate the performance of materials by designing testing methods; testing physical, chemical and magnetic properties.
• Improve manufacturing processes and product performance by observing current methods, researching alternative methods, and implementing modifications.
• Prepare evaluations of competitors' products by testing and analyzing materials.
• Make recommendations by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data, information, and trends.
• Expand the technical knowledge of the department by attending workshops; reviewing publications; establishing networks; participating in professional societies.
• Prepare and present technical information, recommendations and justifications for capital expenditures to corporate management team.
PhD or MS, depending on experience, in Metallurgical Engineering or Materials Science is required. Demonstrated success in launching new products and experience with statistical analysis of data, design of experiments, and written proposals is necessary.