International Tax Research & Planning Manager (closed)
Large, Denver based, global company has an opportunity to join the international tax group. Great opportunity to get out of a traditional compliance role and be more involved in research and planning.
This position works closely with tax planning professionals to provide support for international tax planning projects and international M&A transactional work. The, Manager, Tax Planning is responsible for and provides the following:
International Business Unit Tax Planning Support:
- Work with and under the supervision of tax planning leadership to respond to tax research and planning needs of the global business units, as well as assisting in the identification, development and implementation of strategic tax planning initiatives, in the international arena.
- Obtain a close understanding of the international business operations and changes to identify potential tax savings, develop the strategies to realize the savings, and then implement the strategies.
- Serve as a business partner with the international business units. Included in this is aligning with the business to proactively search for opportunities to reduce taxes, and to respond to tax needs arising from the normal business operations, tax efficient cash repatriation, as well as business expansions and reorganizations.
- Communicate with other company personnel (within and outside of Tax) to explain and gain support for the planning initiatives.
- Work efficiently with outside tax consultants engaged to provide specialized tax advice.
International M&A Transactional Tax Support:
- Work with and under the supervision of International Tax Planning leadership to provide tax support to the International Strategic Investments Group, Legal and Finance organizations in connection with acquisitions, mergers, investments and dispositions.
- Participate on M&A teams formed to review and implement transactions of all forms.
- Assist in conducting tax-related due diligence reviews to identify tax issues, exposures and opportunities relating to acquisition targets.
- Analyze and recommend tax and legal structures that optimize the company’s tax position, taking into account input received from other Tax Department subject matter experts and external advisors.
- B.S. degree in Accounting, C.P.A., orJ.D. with LLM in Tax, in either case with significant coursework in tax and strong academic performance
- 4+ years of recent income tax experience with an emphasis on international and corporate tax matters (international tax planning experience is especially beneficial)
- Familiarity with international tax analysis and planning for international M&A transactions
- Understanding of GAAP accounting rules regarding income taxes
- Proficient with preparation and use of spreadsheet models for tax analysis and planning
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior customer-service skills (outgoing, responsive, reliable)
- Organized and adept at project management and follow-through
- Strong desire to learn and understand how the businesses work
- Self-motivated with the capacity to work effectively in an unstructured, fast-paced environment and to achieve objectives
Out of state candidates will be considered