Director Operations - Chemical / Pharma (closed)
Director Of Operations - Chemical / Pharma (Confidential)
Our International Pharmaceutical Client, a world leader in Bulk Pharmaceutical Ingredients, has an opportunity for a highly qualified Director of Operations (looking to become a General Manager) who has strong leadership capabilities for their State-of-the-Art Facility. Through conservative, yet progressive technological efforts, our client has grown by investing in the latest technology and appreciating & supporting of their veteran staff. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Actively contribute (executing and supporting actions) to the development and improvement of the team work spirit between engineering discipline.
- Oversee all Manufacturing and Engineering Operations for Multiple Sites
- Ensure all activities in Operations are carried out in compliance with all Federal, State, and local EHS regulations.
- Manage all aspects of the Materials Management function
- Define and implement the necessary actions, on human resources, engineering technologies and facilities across all Engineering areas, aiming the best state of the art execution that brings added value
- Manage all qualification activities, including re-qualifications of all qualified equipment or systems.
- Ensure the highest possible Engineering standards (practices and new techniques) are followed across engineering discipline.
- Maintain an open communication with employees concerning EHS including documentation of incidents or issues, posting of studies and regular safety meetings to communicate current and planned activities.
- Participate/Coordinate with Process Chemistry Scale-up activities for the processes target to proceed for Pilot Plant, Kilo Lab or other scale-up areas
- Contribute to Proposals and client relationships.
- Provide clear direction of company goals and policies.
- Must have experience leading sites with at least 100-200 combined direct plus indirect reports.
A minimum of a BS in chemical engineering plus, a minimum of 10 years of industrial experience or, a PhD in Chemical Engineering and 7 years of industrial experience in either a pilot plant or a chemical facility supervising aspects of the processes carried out in the facility. A minimum of 5 years of managerial experience is also desired. The candidate must have a solid understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) as per ICH Q7A as well as CFR 21.