Network Architect (closed)
The Data Center Network Architect will be working on cutting edge data center design, modeling and operations. The data center network architect is responsible for engineering, and supporting the data center network design, deployment and operations for a large multi-data centers network. Emphasis is on designing, testing, and implementing cutting-edge data center technologies for multi-data center deployments. This position may require some travel to other data centers and to various vendor locations.
The Data Center Network Architect must have experience with data center technologies especially the Cisco Nexus platform, Brocade switches, Storage Area Networking (SAN Backbone, Fiber Channel over Ethernet), server virtualization technology, and IBM mainframe resource virtualization (Logical Partitions- LPARs)
- Basic Qualifications:
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
BS Degree or equivalent years of experience (at least 14 years of network engineering experience)
- Elite Level of Brocade Certified Professional Intemetworking Track or Elite Level of Brocade Certified Professional Data Center Track.
- Minimum 5 years hands on experience architecting, deploying, managing and provisioning with SAN storage
- Cisco CCNP Certification in Routing/Switching or at least 5 years hands on network experience in a large multi-center data environment consisting of at least 40,000 devices.
- Experience with EMC, NetApp or equivalent storage devices
- Experience with server technology
- Experience with Client Virtualization to include both Citrix and VMWare
- Experience with server hardware to include Dell, HP, or Cisco
- Extensive experience with Brocade WAN, LAN, and SAN equipment (specifically MLX, VDX, and DCX)
- Extensive experience with Cisco Nexus 5000 or 7000 series Layer-3 switches and Nexus series Fabric
- Experience in OSPF, BGP, VPLS, MPLS • SAN experience in Fibre Channel, VSAN, FCoE
- Solid understanding ofintemetworking: security, routing, switching, SAN, and applications networking
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Trust designation
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Cisco certifications- CCIE (Cisco Certified Intemetworking Expert)
- Brocade experience to include configuring hard and soft zoning and switch back up and Firmware revisions installation
- Knowledge of Networking for IBM Mainframe and Local Partitioning (LP AR)
- Knowledge ofQoS (Quality of Service) in the network
- Excellent writing, presentation, communication, and customer interaction skills
- Ability to document and clearly describe SAN and infrastructure design, including rationale for decisions and implications of decision.
- Experience writing technical reports and white papers
Please send your resume in Word Format to firstname.lastname@example.org.