Quality Assurance Technician/Inspector (closed)
Our client is a leading contract manufacturer of components for the Medical Device and Defense industries. The organization has been growing over the last decade and looking to continue on building. This is a driven, fast pace environment for someone willing to hit the ground running as soon as they step into the door. We are looking for an energetic, self-motivated, and reliable Quality Assurance Technician/Inspector. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in the Medical Device Industry as a Quality Inspector.
Develop and implement quality inspection plans for products and components
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for designing and developing methods for the test and inspection of medical devices and components
• Performing product inspections
• Responsible for writing and/or assisting in the writing of test and inspection SOPs
• Responsible for assisting in complaint investigations as related to product quality
• Other duties as assigned
• Familiarity operating in an ISO 13485, ISO 9001 environment
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
• Experience programming and operating an OGP measuring machine is a must.
• Knowledge of testing equipment, statistical methods, control plans
• Ability to read prints and dimensioning protocols
• Experience in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
• Ability to read and understand engineering specifications
• Understanding of calibration and Gage R & R
• Experience with Minitab Software preferred
• Proficiency in the use of PC and programs, particularly Excel, Word (or equivalents if changed by the Company), QAD.
• Certified Quality Inspector (CQI) qualification preferred
Education and Experience:
• At least 3-5 years experience in a Quality Control or Quality Assurance position in a Medical Device company.