Business Objects Designer/Developer (closed)
Business Objects (Business Intelligence) Designer / Developer
- Supports the design and maintenance of Business Objects Universes to support Daily Valuations, Risk Management, Accounting, Pricing within a fast-paced Hedge Fund environment.
- Understands and captures reporting analysis requirements.
- Responsible for documenting universe features and data available for end user consumption.
- Work closely with data architecture team to balance universe and reporting ease of use with optimal database performance.
- Developing universe and report backup procedures.
- Support Business Objects integration with products like Live Office, SQL Server Analysis OLAP cubes, Websphere Portal Server.
- Support other developers for application development with use of the Business Objects Java and .Net SDKs.
- Support Help Desk personnel by implementing a solid security and entitlements methodology within Business Objects.
- Support user base with report design techniques.
- Assist infrastructure team with migration to Business Objects 4.0
- 3 Years+ experience with Business Objects Universe 3.x design skills with both relational database and OLAP sourced models.
- 3 Years+ experience with Business Objects Web Intelligence 3.x design skills
- 1 Years+ experience with Business Objects Administration
- Firm understanding of data modeling concepts and logical data design.
- Ability to work with business users and translate requirements into universe design models.
- Knowledgeable with programming in Transact-SQL (Stored Procedures/Functions/SQL).
- MS SQL Server 2008
- Strong understanding of Dimensional Modeling and Star Schemas
- Understanding of Trading, Portfolio Management and Risk Management Systems
- SAP Business Objects BI Certifications
- Crystal Reports 2010/11 development.
- Microsoft Reporting Services
- OLAP tools (MS Analysis Services)
- Experience with Business Objects Java SDK
- Business Objects 4.0
- Business Objects Excelsius development
- Experience with Analytics8 tool for Business Objects auditing.
- IBM Websphere Portal Development