Business Development Manager (closed)
Our Client is seeking a well-seasoned sales professional who has a strong track record in selling a value position to C-Suite individuals at Fortune 1000 companies. Are you a fit to join one of the fastest growing companies in the nation?
This position will be located in the West.
The primary objective of the Business Development Manager is the prospecting, closing, and penetration of strategic partner opportunities ("Named Accounts"). Related responsibilities include organizing prospecting efforts within the respective region, negotiating partner facing pricing and creating the framework for the successful on-boarding of qualified, member producing, strategic partners. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to: Managing the forecast and pipeline within region and/or channel.
- Meet and/or exceed sales revenue and profitability targets.
- Sell and close profitable business to members of the C-suite and/or senior executive team. Position the company as a partner to support the client's mission and/or strategic initiatives. Perform a needs analysis to uncover client needs to support their employee or member base. Position client agreements to best meet client needs and drive perceived value to protect the long-term profitability and market share of the company.
- Build constructive working relationships and trust with all external business-to-business clients and the company's Channel Sales, Operations, IT, Client Services and Finance.
- Educate clients regarding services and products offered.
- Build a foundation for growth opportunities by developing long-term positive relationships, obtaining referrals, and gaining client testimonials.
- Implement approved sales best practice methods. Consistently execute approved systems and processes that support the retention of existing clients and the attainment of new business from referrals.
- Work within approved measuring and monitoring platforms. Utilize approved communication and processes to capture and document client and lead data.
- Demonstrate superior sales, needs assessment and closing skills. Act as sales lead and the gateway to a successful sales launch.
- Demonstrate and communicate a broad understanding of a particular client implementation. Execute contracts and approved the company’s documentation. Interface with the company’s Channel Sales Product Manager, Operations, IT, Client Services, and Finance functions.
- Provide updates and sales efforts to Senior Vice President of Partner Sales on a required basis. Deliver all sales requirements as committed within the stipulated time frames and requirements authorizing Partner Sales Account Manager to execute the sales plan.
- Display adaptability to programs and policies, to include but not limited to: product choices; pricing; terms; conditions.
- Display sound problem-solving and deductive reasoning skills.
- Display analytical thinking, organizational skills and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Expedite required calls and follow-up documentation to internal departments and external parties, etc.
- Understand and manage program design and solution.
- Stay informed of program policies and procedures; relevant laws and governmental regulations; and, industry trends that affect products and services.
- Know and utilize IT systems and tools for monitoring and meeting contractual requirements.
- Utilize approved company systems, processes, and Saleforce.com to track and control multiple tasks, pipelines, issues, and responsibilities. Perform multi-tasks. Utilize approved systems to control work flow, keep initiatives moving, and provide the client and the company’s Team with the capability of tracking sales progress.
- Identify, understand, and manage client requests.
- Work closely with and implement prudent recommendations from senior leadership, Channel Sales, Operations, IT, Client Services and/or Finance.
- Implement approved mechanisms to respond timely to client concerns or complaints in a consistent and uniform manner. Offer recommendations and demonstrations related to improving the quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of the company's sales and client services processes.
- Apply critical thinking to problem solving.
- Identify and communicate any process or systemic barriers to management hindering the bottom-line effectiveness of sales efforts as they relate to business-to-business sales.
- Maintain ISO Security Compliance Requirements.
Education A minimum of B.S./B.A.; MBA preferred. A minimum of 15+ years of successful selling to corporate clients preferred with a sales or combined sales and project management experience.
Technical Skills Demonstrated computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word. Database experience preferred. Experience using CRM as a pipeline / partner management is a plus.
Related Work Experience Successful candidate must have a proven 7+ year record of meeting and exceeding sales targets to Fortune 1000 clients, or like companies. Must have a proven track record of driving and closing partner and partner relationships that impact profitable bottom-line revenue and profits to meet the company’s short- and long-term goals. Must display the capability and have a track record of closing large dollar sales in the C-suite or Senior Executive levels.
Special Conditions/Provisions of Position
Extensive travel required.
Location: Tempe, AZ
Required Education: Bachelor's