Desktop Architect (closed)
Magenium Solutions is in search of an Desktop Architect. This resource must have 6+ years of demonstrated experience with Microsoft o/s and applications, desktop technologies and technical support. Microsoft Desktop certification a plus. MAC experience is a plus.
The Help Desk/Desktop Architect will be responsible for determining how to best exploit, integrate and cultivate new and existing client technologies for the internal organization. He/she will architect and standardize client platform products and tools to increase organization effectiveness. Responsible for gathering, identifying, assessing and understanding the business requirements. Develops standardized desktop and mobile PC configurations incorporating features, functionality and security based on best practice designs and analysis of business needs. Creates and manages a procurement policy for desktop, mobile PC, printers, handheld devices and other hardware technologies. Responsible for planning, documenting and testing client computer software upgrades and patch management. Explore support tools for the effective delivery and management of client platform. In this role, he/she will interface with all departments across the organization and is responsible for maintaining relationships with internal customers and external vendors. He/she will work closely with other IT architects and engineers to create business value through client technologies suggest technology alternatives and ensure integration with other platforms. He/she will engage various IT teams and the business to help influence product and IT services direction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Architect client platform products by analyzing enterprise-wide business requirements for productivity technologies. Document requirements and translate into specifications for current and on-going needs. Conduct brainstorming and focus group sessions and meet one-on-one with key business users.
2. Assess, identify and recommend standards for PC, MAC and mobile devices, printers and other client peripherals. Create and manage an organization procurement policy based on the business needs assessment. Create, maintain and communicate other client IT policies. 3. Develop standardized PC and MAC configurations incorporating features/functionality/security based on best-practice design and analysis of business needs. Document standards, configuration and work procedures related to client hardware and software. Plan and lead in the acceptance testing for the deployment of hardware and software. Perform image management by developing, documenting and updating master images for standard products.
4. Work closely with other IT architects and Engineers to create business value through client technologies, suggest technology alternatives and ensure integration of client software with other platforms. Partner with the service owners to test new software and upgrades. Update images and ensures the successful deployment of technologies into the environment. Identifies product and service improvements and takes corrective actions
5. Train and mentor deployment services and support staff to enhance their education and knowledge with client technologies. Cross train staff on support tools and new client technologies.
6. Assess and address IT control and security weaknesses. Responsible for ensuring client software compliancy within the organization. Develop action plans to ensure compliancy and take corrective actions.
7. Develop and document work procedures and troubleshooting guidelines in Assyst knowledgebase. Responsible for designing and creating reports related to asset management, metrics and other templates.
THIS IS A FULL TIME POSITION FOR A CLIENT LOCATED IN ELMHURST. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE.
IF INTERESTED, PLEASE EMAIL AN UPDATED RESUME TO BETH@MAGENIUM.COM