Clinical Educator - Peel Region Cancer Centre (closed)
Position: Clinical Educator – Credit Valley Hospital Site
Status: Regular Full Time
Dept: Peel Region Cancer Centre
Reporting to the Director of Patient Care Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for the design, implementation and evaluation of orientation and other educational programs. This individual will work in collaboration with the Peel Regional Cancer Centre education team to ensure that education is delivered to the inpatient and outpatient Cancer program and other clinical areas as required.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is required; Masters preferred.
- A current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- CON (c) or ONS certification and Palliative Certification preferred.
- 3 - 5 years recent Oncology and Palliative Care experience required.
- Critical care experience an asset.
- Demonstrates commitment to the philosophy and strategies of the Oncology/Palliative Program.
- Fosters the integration of professional excellence in clinical practice.
- Provides mentorship and support to staff in achieving developmental goals.
- Facilitates the change process that supports quality and patient safety.
- Expert communication, organizational and time management required.
- Ability to decision-making, problem-solving and multi-tasking are essential.
- Advanced preparation in educational strategies and/or adult education.
- Ability to provide clinical coaching one to one or in groups is essential.
- Proven leadership qualities preferred.
- Supports the Patient Care Manager in the selection and appraisal of staff as requested.
- Satisfactory attendance and performance record required.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.cvh.on.ca
Credit Valley Hospital is identified under the French Language Services Act.