Data Warehousing Developer (closed)
E-Safe Consulting is has an exciting opportunity for a Data Warehousing Developer for their client in downtown Pittsburgh.
Individual will be responsible for assisting in the design, maintenance and scalability of the Enterprise Data Warehouse Infrastructure solutions. This would include but not be limited to: data architecture, development and system process standards, logical data modeling, identification and development of and warehouse system infrastructure. Incumbent must assure that company philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Works closely with business and technical teams to understand, document, and design and model Business Subject Areas.
- Works closely with business teams to understand, document, design and code ETL and Reporting needs utilizing dimensional models.
- Translate source mapping documents and report requirements into Dimensional Data Models.
- Design, Develop, Test and Optimize ETL routines utilizing SQL, Bash, SSIS and/ Informatica Power Center.
- Assist with converting legacy SQL Server DW to Teradata platform.
- BS degree in Computer Science or MIS.
- 5+ years experience supporting data warehouse infrastructure.
- 3+ years experience working with and/or creating Logical Data Models.
- 2+ years experience supporting data warehouse expansion or migration.
- 5+ years experience working with and/or creating dimensional models.
- Physical data architecture, design, modeling, integration, and reporting experience.
- 5+ years developing Business Intelligence solutions. Understanding of ETL methodologies, Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing principles, approaches, technologies, and architectures including the concepts, designs and usage of data warehouses and data marts.
- Demonstrated best practice experience for Data Integration and Data Movement.
- 3+ years experience with one or more of the following: Microsoft Business Intelligence, Oracle or Teradata.
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to interface with all levels of business and IT organizations.
- Work well in a team-oriented environment managing multiple priorities, following a project plan and meeting project delivery dates.
- Highly organized individual with excellent decision making, analytical, problem solving and presentation skills.
- Experience working as an implementation team member with critical individual contributor responsibilities.
- Strong Problem Solving skills.
- Experience with Performance Tuning.
- Experience with various SDLC methodologies
Our client offers a competitive base salary and excellent benefits package!