Senior Account Executive (closed)
MICROS-Retail, a division of MICROS Systems Inc. is a global leader in developing software solutions for the retail sector. MICROS-Retail has built world class eCommerce, Mobile, POS, CRM and Analytics products and has aggressive plans to continue to create cutting edge solutions to help grow its global market share in the Retail and Consumer industries. We have served markets in 30 countries and continue to expand our presence across regions and software categories. MICROS- Retail is currently looking for highly talented and ambitious employees with a passion for creating exceptional software solutions that will have global recognition in the market place.
- Develop lasting relationships with Major account customers in order to maximize revenues for the company.
- Understand and articulate highly technical leading edge products & services.
- Prepare detailed proposals that include hardware, software, services in order to meet or exceed monthly & yearly sales & revenue objectives.
- Respond to customer requests for proposals that include all areas of MICROS products & services.
- Interface with System Engineers & Directors in developing specific account strategies.
- Understand the inner workings of the products and present this knowledge to Major Account Customers.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Direct sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Represent company at outside events (i.e. trade shows, conferences, association meetings).
- Prepare periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Monitor and evaluate the activities and products of the competition.
- Due to the nature of this position, employee maybe subject to extensive background checks (including fingerprinting) by MICROS customers and/or vendors as a condition to conduct business on their premises.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 4 years related experience within a targeted competitor
- Experience selling business applications software to retail or like industry.
- A demonstrated performance of a minimum of a 75% performance against a $1 million + quota over the past two years.
- A demonstrated performance of selling large, complex deals.
- Advanced Closing Skills: Demonstrated record of consistently meeting and exceeding annual sales quotas. Skilled at identifying decision-makers and building strong executive relationships.
- Executive presence: Outstanding communication and presentation skills. Comfortable presenting with conviction to senior financial executives. Excellent consultative selling, listening, and writing skills. Ability to understand client needs and demonstrate the impact & value/ROI (Return on Investments) of products and services.
- Product knowledge: Comprehensive knowledge of how products and services can positively impact organizations operations. Ability to provide dynamic product demonstrations. Ability to learn technical aspects of the products.
- Relationship-Building Skills: Building and perpetuating profitable business partnerships and relationships, which provide long-term success.
- Advanced knowledge in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Extensive travel is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and/or stand and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
MICROS enjoys being an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
MICROS participates in E-Verify, a federal pilot program that enables employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States by providing the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS at (888) 464-4218.