Senior Project Manager (closed)
Senior Project Manager
6+ month contract position with a leading global health care company located in Redwood City, California
Primary Job Function
Manages the development and implementation process of company's products and services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products.
Core Job Responsibilities
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Estimates project levels of effort and resource requirements by using standard estimating techniques and tools, and by working with appropriate staff to understand scope of effort.
- Prepares project plans, schedules and budgets by using project management tools such as Microsoft Project and by working with appropriate staff to understand tasks necessary to complete project.
- Directs project execution by assigning tasks, tracking project schedules, identifying risks, and developing and executing contingency plans.
- Assures project quality by using standard development methodologies and by working with SQA to develop and execute project quality plans.
- Communicates project status by preparing standard status reports, and by participating in departmental and customer project status update meetings.
- Resolves project issues by working with team members, project customers, and others as appropriate.
- Consults with internal project groups by sharing project management knowledge and assisting or mentoring more junior project leaders in project management processes and techniques.
- Participates in external project management organizations, conferences and seminars to keep current with industry best practices in project management by joining professional associations and implementing a professional development plan with focus on project management.
Bachelor's degree plus 12+ years of related work experience with a complete understanding of specified functional area, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Advanced degree preferred.
Must be eligible to work in the United States
No Visa sponsorships available at this time