Interactive Designer (6-month contract) (closed)
Our client, a major news and media company, is seeking an Interactive Designer for a 6-month contract need in their Manhattan office.
Candidates MUST be able to work on-site 40 hrs/wk in their Midtown Manhattan office.
- Work within the Design and User Experience team to define interactive experiences within their Digital Network and it's network of online properties
- Information Architecture - Strong understanding of best-practices as it applies to online content-creation at industrial size and proportion
- Work closely with design technologist to build prototypes that represent both the visual identity and interaction model required to test and evolve products for user and internal testing
- Work with Information Architects to design, observe, and analyze usability studies
- Work closely with IAs, Design Technologists, and back-end engineers to implement and deliver final products
- Facilitate design communication across a multidisciplinary team throughout each phase of a project
- Work closely with cross-functional staff to deliver against project goals
- 3+ years of interactive design experience in either an agency or large corporate team environment
- Professional-level knowledge of industry standard Web design software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio or other wireframe software)
- Solid grasp of latest graphic and Web design principles and aesthetics
- Solid understanding of optimizing images, the capabilities of Web browsers across multiple platforms, and the constraints involved in designing for online media
- Fluent in both Mac and PC Platforms
- Familiar with interaction design concepts, practices, and procedures
- Familiar with Information Architecture best practices
- Possess a solid working understanding of user-experience design principles
- Demonstrable understanding of user-experience design, information hierarchy, user-flow, and typography
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced e nvironment
- Be a self-starter; able to interact with and influence senior level management
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems and convey these designs in the form of presentations, prototypes, and design specifications
For consideration, please submit a Word or PDF resume, as well as a portfolio link.