Network Engineer - Junos Project (closed)
Our client is looking for an IP Engineering contractor with Cisco and preferabley Juniper experience.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for the operation of multiple facets of the network on top of helping our client implement new Juniper gear as they expand their router systems. As a consultant you will have responsibilities including: proactive monitoring of the data network, working with the NOC on trouble reports of backbone circuit, transit provider, and customer routing / switching issues (service outages, latency / packet loss, etc); working with team members across multiple geographic locations to ensure thorough completion of tasks; act as both an internal and external facing escalation point involving technical issues and network status; maintaining policies and procedures for the IP Engineering team; and monitoring task workflow, customer communications, and trouble ticket generation / escalation / resolution.
The Network Engineer is charged quality control of tasks performed and attention to detail. This role requires dedication to first class support and a solid commitment of quality to both the customer and the company. Dispute resolution skills and the ability to operate under high stress situations are vital.
- Configure, implement and test new Juniper gear
- Monitor and troubleshoot the clients network for stability and performance.
- Respond to customer trouble reports and requests via telephone and trouble ticketing systems, using experience and judgment to escalate problems as needed.
- Maintain and promote clients top-quality support and customer satisfaction.
- Create, modify, and improve documentation supporting the IP Engineering team.
- Propose, develop, and complete projects requisite with skill level.
Salary commensurate with experience: competitive pay, perks, and benefits.
- Strong experience in Cisco or Juniper network troubleshooting / fault isolation, teamwork, and multitasking
- Ability work with CMD Line in a Windows/Linux environment
- Minimum of 5 years operational experience (Service Provider, or Large Enterprise Campus / Datacenter)
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated willingness to learn, teach, and share knowledge
- Ability/Desire to work late evenings / overnights for 3rd shift position when called upon
- Extensive working knowledge of Juniper JUNOS
- Operational experience with Juniper M/MX/T series routers
- Extensive operational experience with routing protocols, including BGP, OSPF and ISIS
- Operational experience with Juniper EX series switches
- JNCIP certification or equivalent skill level developed through industry experience is preferred
- Extensive operational experience with Cisco IOS
- Experience with high-availability architecture and protocols is desired
- Ability to identify, isolate and mitigate network threats is desired