Inventory Control Specialist (closed)
The inventory department is responsible for all inventories, which includes and is not limited to physical, prepaid and accrued inventories. The Inventory Control Specialist will perform all duties as necessary to ensure that all inventory counts, mark to market reporting are tracked and reported in a timely professional manner. This person should have an understanding of supply chain and GAAP guidelines.
- Reconcile inventory variances, prepare adjustment, and run month end inventory reports
- Research and calculate mark to market spreadsheets for month end entries
- Process prepaid inventory daily and reconcile at month end
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly management reports as requested
- Plan the prioritization of tasks along with teammates and manager
- Organize workflow and workspace to be as efficient as possible, being able to answer questions in a timely manner
- Direct timely inventory counts and conduct second counts upon request
- Organize all data into comprehensible reports for the Inventory Control Manager, Controller, and Upper Management
- Communicate with other departments on inventory variances and methods to reduce those variances
- Control the processes by evaluating opportunities for improvement and suggesting changes for improvement for approval by the Inventory Control Manager
- Control the process by evaluating errors and mistakes, determine if it is an internal or external control that will need review, recommend and seek approval of improvements along with the inventory team.
- Returns and refund check processing.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Associates degree in related field required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years experience in the Supply Chain and/or accounting
- Knowledge of Great Plains Accounting or similar software
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office programs.