Sr. Software Engineer-DSP (closed)
Responsible for the continuous improvement of existing DSP algorithm designs, and creation of new designs in the field of ANC, specifically related to automobile powertrain and chassis NVH improvement. Primarily working on S/W algorithm design, coding and implementation into existing and new DSP's., including close collaboration with music audio processing engineers and developers.
• Lead ANC DSP S/W development on multiple projects within local and global development teams.
• Analyze ANC algorithm designs and suggest improvements including integration of same with a wide range of complex audio processing applications.
• Perform software and hardware testing of development designs both on bench and in-vehicle.
• Prepare development plans, documentation and timing plans and conducts requirements, s/w code and test plans reviews as required.
• Use, maintain, and improve upon Best Practices and Design Standards via the Lessons Learned process and the Knowledge Base.
• Conduct research and development into new components, topologies, and simulation methods.
• Ensure that potential intellectual property is fully researched, documented, and protected.
• Provide technical support to other functions, as needed.
• Prepare technical reports.
• Research and review complete products, technologies, and intellectual property.
1. REQUIRED Specific Knowledge, Expertise, Coursework
- C/C ++ Language
- Matlab and other software development and coding methods
- Lessons Learned Process and the Knowledge Base
2. REQUIRED Degree and/or Training, including specifically defined educational equivalent
- BSEE in Electrical or Computer Engineering
3. REQUIRED Specific Prior Experiences
- Needs at least 5 years of related experience
4. REQUIRED Physical Demands
- Physical Demands-The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Further Physical Demands
- Manual Dexterity- Work requires definite skilled and accurate physical operations requiring some closely coordinated performance
- Physical Effort- Work requires handling light to medium weight materials or equipment requiring limited effort.
- Working Conditions- Typical vehicle and electronic components development laboratory environment.
- Hazards- Injury may require a doctor's care. Time lost for part of a day may be to receive medical treatment.
1. PREFERRED Knowledge, Expertise, Coursework
- Knowledge of Automotive industry
- Knowledge of Active Noise Control
2. PREFERRED Degree and/or Training and specifically defined educational equivalents
- MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time
- Willingness to work in an office in Farmington Hills, MI
- Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test