Software Systems Engineer (closed)
- Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translates these into software designs.
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bugs, and/or port to different platforms.
- Tests software designs and code at the unit and system level to insure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved.
- Participates in internal and customer driven design reviews throughout program.
- Coordinates software development activities with software team leader.
- Identifies product requirement or performance issues. Works with software team leader to negotiate resolution.
- Communicate with peers inside the company group to coordinate software development.
- This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups.
- Manages small projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating and follow through.
- Working knowledge of software development tools (debugger's, emulators, compilers, etc).
- Ability to read schematics and debug analog and digital hardware.
- Able to use oscilloscope and logic analyzer for trouble shooting.
- Working knowledge of software development processes.
Experience - Required
- 4+ years of embedded software development or testing.
- 4+ years of C/C++ or other structured language.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or equivalent.
Experience - Desired
- Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multi-processor, multi-interface environment.
- Microsoft Visual Studio development experience (or equivalent).
- Audio/Multimedia experience.
- I2C, RS232, SPI or other serial interface experience.
o Architecture design for system
o Build creation/management
o Startup script creation/optimization
o Memory reduction/optimization
o Targeted system optimization
o 6. Identify/resolve crashes and system failures
o 7. Software update creation
o 8. Driver creation/optimization
o Specific focus on performance tuning
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time
- Willingness to work in an office in Farmington Hills, Michigan.
- Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test