Help Desk Support Specialist I (Evening Shift) (closed)
This is an evening shift from 2:30PM - 10:00PM.
Required to handle call and ticket volume at the Corporate IS Service Desk
- Provide a minimum of 8 hours of daily phone/e-mail support.
- Retain ownership of all issues/requests assigned until closure with end user agreement.
- Identify/Troubleshoot/Escalate/Resolve critical issues.
- Notify third level support of performance issues and/or downtimes.
- Identify/Document reoccurring issues and present possible solutions to management.
- Assist with department administration as needed.
- Provide technical and procedural training to EUS new hires.
- Monitor phone volume and ensure adequate staffing coverage.
- Create/Maintain technical and procedural documentation.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- Suggest/Implement innovative idea’s to improve the Help Desk processes.
- Complete specified Computer Based Training courses.
QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, special skills):
- Experience: 1-3 years Help Desk experience preferred
- Technical Certification
- Technical phone Support
- Experience in troubleshooting Windows Operating Systems
- MS Active Directory
- MS Exchange
- MS Office Suites
- MS Internet Explorer
- Strong knowledge of PC hardware and software
- Experience with Symantec Ghost
- Blackberry User Support
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Telephone and interpersonal skills
- Strong Follow-up Skills
- Analytical Thinking skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work independently on special assignments