VP Human Resources, Corporate (closed)
Position Scope and Responsibility –
The Vice President of Corporate Human Resources is responsible developing and managing human capital strategies for corporate functions to ensure that business objectives are met. This position provides expertise, support, and advice to the corporate senior management teams, including change management, organizational design and effectiveness, and mergers and acquisitions. The VP will develop and lead the Corporate HR team. This position is also a member of the senior HR leadership team and the Corporate Leadership team.
- · Provide appropriate human capital strategies to achieve business objectives. This includes Change Management, Organizational Design, Succession Planning, M&A Due Diligence and Integration Planning as well as Leadership/Team Development.
- · Ensure the right structure, competencies and processes exist within the corporate HR function to provide effective, innovative, successful and measurable business outcomes.
- · Lead organizational design, development and employee engagement initiatives.
- · Ensure effective and efficient delivery of HR services within Corporate.
- · Leverage the centers of expertise to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment, wage and salary laws and regulations.
- · Develop, manage and oversee the Corporate HR budget
- · Function as a strategic business advisor to the corporate leadership regarding key organizational and management opportunities.
- · Provide advice, guidance, and direct support on all aspects related to people management to the corporate senior leadership team.
- · Provide thought leadership and deliver positive results as a member of the Senior HR Leadership team and as a member of the corporate senior leadership team.
- · Ensure successful implementation/deployment of enterprise wide HR & Business initiatives.
- · Ensure a fully developed, high performing, competent, responsive and business aligned HR team.
- · Succession planning for all critical Corporate HR roles with at least 1-2 deep.
- · Leveraging technical expertise and business acumen to provide advice and counsel in the resolution of tactical, strategic, people, and operational issues.
- · Ability to strategically and tactically evaluate and implement sophisticated HR related programs and initiatives.
Ideal Candidate Profile – We are looking for a proven human resource leader who has experience building and transforming an HR function within a growing, and evolving company.
- Personal Qualities and Skills – The ideal candidate will have a strong background of demonstrated HR leadership, having driven HR programs in rapidly developing and changing environments and having functioned as a successful HR leader. Candidates must have excellent leadership skills and executive presence with the ability to build, engage and maintain a high-performance team. They need to be intellectually curious, enthusiastic, and a proactive leader who commands respect. Exceptional personal presence and influencing skills to build trust-based relationships with Senior Management and as an HR leader are important, as is, superior interpersonal and communication skills, active listener, and quick study. Candidates must be a good evaluator of talent, be resourceful and well organized, have strong business acumen, and be a change agent. A high energy level and a passion for superior performance are a must. Candidates need to have the ability to establish creditability and be decisive, and be able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities. Candidates must be culturally adaptable and able to apply his/her own knowledge base and expertise to the Omnicare situation and culture.
- Experience Requirements – Candidates must have a minimum of eight to ten years progressive human resources and organizational consulting experience. It is preferred that a candidate has been in a vice president role. Experience in organizational and effectiveness design, change management, mergers & acquisitions, signification involvement with performance management, compensation and benefits, organization and leadership training and development, coaching, and employee engagement, employee relations and communications are all highly preferred. Working knowledge of federal, state, local employment, and Affirmative Action principles and regulations is important. Experience working in a growing and complex company is a plus. Prior experience evolving an HR function is preferred. Experience working with senior leaders and virtual teams is required. Prior experience in healthcare is plus.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree required and a Master’s degree in human resources and/or business, and PHR/SPHR are preferred.