Senior IT Auditor (closed)
WellCare Health Plans, Inc. provides managed care services targeted to government-sponsored health care programs, focusing on Medicaid and Medicare. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, WellCare offers a variety of health plans for families, children, and the aged, blind, and disabled, as well as prescription drug plans. For more information about WellCare, please visit the Company's website at www.wellcare.com.
Our History: Founded in 1985 with three associates, WellCare grew to more than 800 associates and 467,000 members in Florida, New York and Connecticut by 2002. In 2004, the company acquired Harmony to enter the Midwest and became publicly traded. By 2006, WellCare served 2.2 million members as it became a national prescription drug plan provider and the largest Medicaid plan in Georgia. WellCare expanded its services when it began offering Medicaid managed care plans in Ohio and Missouri in 2007, and Medicare managed care plans in Texas and New Jersey in 2008. Additional growth followed when the company was chosen to serve Hawaii's Medicaid program for the aged, blind or disabled in 2009, and in 2011 when it was selected to serve Kentucky's Medicaid program. Today, WellCare has more than 3,900 associates and approximately 2.4 million members nationwide.
Senior IT Audit Consultant
Plans IT audit projects, develops audit programs, works directly with IT management and areas undergoing audit, completes audit testing, prepares reports of results and recommendations, and ensures that recommendations are implemented.
- Facilitates the audit planning, audit program development, and preparation of IT audits.
- Interviews and obtains audit evidence from audit clients.
- Provides independent appraisals, analyses, and observations for examining and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of business application and general computer controls.
- Completes quality audit testing, documentation, and reporting in a timely manner.
- Consults with management to help develop corrective action plans for audit issues identified.
- Leads closing meetings with audit clients.
- Follows up to ensure that audit recommendations are implemented.
- Conducts audits in accordance with the professional standards established by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Assists in preparing the annual risk assessment and audit plan.
- Works closely with the audit management regarding the status and budget of assigned audits.
- Works closely with the consulting firm on IT audits.
- Ability to retain confidentiality regarding privileged company information.
- Education: Bachelors Degree (preferably in computer science)
- Experience: 4+ years of directly related IT audit experience. Experience auditing ERP systems preferred.
- Licenses/Certifications: CISA, CIA, CPA, or other professional designations preferred
- Technical Skills/Requirements:
- Strong knowledge of CoBIT (Control Objectives for Information Technology) including general computer controls, business application controls, and process documentation.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements
- Strong interviewing skills sufficient to obtain understanding of area under audit and document the processes clearly and concisely within budgeted timeframe.
- Demonstrated leadership, people management and facilitative skills
- Knowledge of Audit Command Language sufficient to perform basic to intermediate level exception reporting, trend reporting and testing of system reports
EOE: All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age forty (40) and over, disability, veteran status, or national origin.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org