Head of Cabin Services (Ref: 296902/ICH) (closed)
About the Client
One of Asia's leading low-cost airlines providing the best value for money services and the most comprehensive destination coverage across the region.
About the Role
- Hold management responsibility for all corporate and line cabin crew activity with emphasis on safety, cost management and the development of a unique in-flight culture.
- Hold management responsibility for product/service development and implementation pertaining to catering, in-flight service operations and logistics planning functions.
- Develop the customer service platform with respect to cabin crew, catering operations reflecting the cost based and price leadership focus of the company.
- Design and deliver an in-flight product of superior quality and value for money to that offered by the competition while exceeding the cost targets of the company budget.
- Create and implement a unique service/cost culture across all Cabin Service areas with respect to recruitment, development and communication to line areas.
- Identify and execute significant revenue generating opportunities arising from the promotion/sale of in-flight product inherent in the service delivery philosophy.
- Advance key interrelationships with Marketing, Communications, Ancillary Revenue and Commercial teams for the benefit of Cabin Service and the overall business plan.
- Create and monitor a system of work to meet/exceed the safety requirements and regulations as prescribed by regulatory authorities while conforming to company’s operating standards at all times.
- Conform to all regulations with respect to occupational health and safety, food hygiene and standards as prescribed in legislation and adopted as policy by the company.
What we're looking for
- Previous management experience in airline (legacy and/or LCC) operations.
- Business management experience.
- People management experience.
- Training and talent development experience a plus.
- Experience in Human Resource processes and employment contract agreements.
- Competencies in Microsoft packages.
- Understanding of local requirements and authorities.
- Understanding of the Asian culture and/or past working experience in Asia is highly preferred.
- Ability to speak an Asian language (Mandarin/Cantonese) preferred but not mandatory.
- Willing to travel frequently, when required.
To apply, please forward to us your update profile in MS WORD FORMAT to Inez Chan at Inez.Chan@portfolio-asia.com, quoting PSD Ref: 296902/ICH
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Information gathered will strictly be used for recruitment purposes only.