The key focus of the Server Test Environment Management Team (TEM-D) is to provide Unix and Windows test environments and support for the Banks e-business applications.
The ideal candidate will be primarily responsible for gathering and analyzing project requirements for the creation and support of distributed test environments on AIX and Windows platforms. This position will work closely with project managers, DCTS, Wholesale and Wealth user communities and other ITS partners to ensure the successful implementation of products/changes into the production environment.
The candidate's responsibilities will include:
Gathering and analyzing project requirements
Identifying, estimating and tracking TEM-D deliverables required for a project
Preparation of and deploying WebSphere and Windows Applications
Code management in the 'locked down' environment for system testing
Trouble shooting problems (such as environment, hardware, WebSphere, performance, etc)
Creating and maintaining documentation in support of TEM-D infrastructure
Maintaining and analyzing development server performance
Coordinating and scheduling environment upgrades
Building and managing working relationships with external vendors
Team Technical lead on medium to large scale projects
In addition, the candidate will provide consultation and analysis to identify process improvements that will reduce test time and cost as well as improve quality, accuracy and efficiency.
• Excellent UNIX (AIX preferred) and Linux experience
• Excellent Windows Server 2000 and 2003 admin experience
• Minimum 5 years WebSphere 5, 6 and 7
• IIS experience would be an asset
• Working knowledge of SQL, Oracle or DB2
Experience with Tivoli Enterprise Portal and ITCAM
• 1 -3 years Apache/Tomcat experience
• Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to ask probing questions to understand the various concepts presented/discussed
• Excellent communication skills
• Is comfortable with working in an environment where a high degree of multitasking is the norm.
• Is able to balance the needs of the team and the needs of the clients.
• Is comfortable with working in a rapidly changing, technically complex environment.
• Well organized, self motivated as well as a team player.
• Ability to provide technical guidance to junior team members.
• Some project management and negotiation experience would be an asset.
Thorough understanding of PMLC and SDLC processes
• Some after-hoursweekend support may be required