Software Engineer (closed)
Mid-level object-oriented (OO) Software Engineer is needed to participate in the development, modification, and debugging of code to resolve PC system level software/hardware issues. You would be part of a small team and be responsible for writing requirements/design documents as well as user level documentation over finished product specs. Additional tasks/duties would involve testing written software, writing/performing unit tests, and creation of automated functional tests & scripts.
If this sounds like you please feel free to reach out to me directly by phone: (512) 592- 3359 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. I have provided a list of the necessary requirements for the position, so please review and contact me if you feel you meet the necessary criteria for the role.
I look forward to hearing back from you!
- BS/MS in Computer Engineering or Computer Science with at least 5 years of experience writing software in a dynamic software team environment.
- Have a demonstrated track record of strong software design and implementation skills.
- Have experience and demonstrated technical expertise with Ruby, C++, and C#.
- Familiarity with a system motherboard (CPU, DIMMs, HT Links, etc.) and can assemble a system from its basic components.
- Knowledge and practical experience utilizing software development best practices (continuous integration, unit testing and TDD, code reviews, etc.) and advanced version control system techniques.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills are a must. Must demonstrate a strong desire to debug/solve problems in an efficient and relatively independent fashion.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills are required. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate with a variety of engineering disciplines and management.
*Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer*