Buyer / Planner (closed)
Would you like to be an impact player for a team where your work and achievements will be recognized? Would you like a challenge that is equally rewarding? A growing manufacturer is looking for a buyer / planner to help strengthen relationships with suppliers. This organization is in a tremendous growth mode and looking to add a key team player.
The core responsibilities will include;
- Working with suppliers regarding on time delivery, ensuring high quality product, and managing crucial data and supplier reports.
- Utilize MAPICS to create purchase orders and amendments for parts, services, and/or special tools.
- Work closely with materials manager regarding sourcing and cost saving initiatives
- Study market prices & trends, engineering developments, & manufacturing method improvements
- Evaluate current & prospective suppliers to determine capabilities
- Negotiate price, lead times, and delivery terms with guidance and assistance from a senior buyer or materials manager
- Maintain Inventory Controls
- Coordinate quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers, as required
- Coordinate with Planning on supplier delays; responsible for monitoring and resolving delivery and quality issues with suppliers as needed
- Visit suppliers' facilities to qualify as new sources and assist with production, design, quality, and/or delivery problems
Bachelor's degree with preferred emphasis on business administration, economics or engineering with at least a year of materials control experience in a manufacturing environment.
Computer skills, MRP operations as relates to procurement, related software, and knowledge of purchasing/accounting processes is required. Must be able to demonstrate a strong verbal and written communications skill set.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to Kevin Morgan, Direct Placement Recruiter at Adecco Staffing.