Network Engineer (closed)
Position: Network Engineer
Location: Redmond, WA.
Duration: 12 months.
The Windows Phone Division is looking a Network Support Engineer to help deploy, maintain, and monitor the network infrastructure supporting the development of Windows Phone.
This person will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Windows Phone Lab network. This will include, but not limited to, support activities:
- Configure and deploy routers, switches, and other networking gear as needed
- Troubleshoot any networking issues, wired or Wi-Fi
- Work with other internal Microsoft networking organizations to meet the Division’s networking needs
- Creation, management and upkeep of all networking documentation
- Gather and analyze key Networking metrics and respond appropriately
Must Have Requirements
The candidate must meet the below bar for consideration for this position.
- Packet capture analysis skills
- Cisco IOS experience
- IPv4/IPv6 Subnetting
- Strong BGP & OSPF knowledge and experience in their deployment
- Understanding of DNS/WINS/DHCP process
- Willing to work second shift if necessary (2PM - 10PM or 4PM – Midnight)
- Be part of an on-call rotation to help handle emergencies
- ASA/F5/NAT experience
- Server authentication knowledge- Kerberos, NTLM
- Ability to setup basic Cisco ACLs
Personality: Team player, attention to detail, customer focused, ability to multi-task, good communication skills etc.