Software Architect (closed)
I. Purpose of Position
- Architect embedded software solutions for payment systems
- Define, develop, and deploy embedded frameworks and applications for payment systems.
- Define and integrate 3rd party software into systems while providing technical oversight for innovation partners
- Activities will span all phases of product development including requirements, architecture, design, implementation, validation, release, and maintenance.
- In some cases, serve as an overall software engineering project manager for key programs implementing critical architectural changes.
II. Key Responsibilities
- Define, analyze, and review software architecture and requirements for next generation payment platforms and products.
- Participate in definition, design, and review of software architecture, design, application frameworks, and interfaces.
- Lead development and implementation of payment software ensuring quality and on-time delivery
- Integrate and test software to confirm compliance with specifications.
- Support field trials by installing, testing, and troubleshooting software at customer sites.
- Lead a team of developers at multiple physical locations around the globe.
- Mentor junior team members.
This position will interface with the following:
- Software Quality Assurance
- Marketing and Sales
- Mechanical and Electronics Engineering
- Development Partners
- Customer Service and Support
- GVR customers and end-users including on-site visits and follow-up
IV. Measures of Performance
- Developing high quality software with predictable and repeatable processes.
- Successful execution of projects within schedule goals.
- Reuse of designs globally both as a contributor and as a beneficiary.
V. Background and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in software development.
- Experience programming multi threaded applications with C and C++ in a Linux environment.
- Experience with microprocessor-based embedded systems (32-bit minimum) utilizing multi-threaded operating environments (RTOS or Linux)
- Experience with cross-platform development, debugging, and test tools.
- Experience with software development methodologies (e.g., OOA/D, UML, Requirements Management, Configuration Management, and Defect Management) and tools (Rational tools, Subversion, etc).
- Experience developing applications involving any or all of the following are preferred: Payment, Qt and/or Qt Embedded; security and encryption; multimedia.
- Experience automating build and testing environments using perl and Linux shell scripting.
- Excellent computer skills (XML, Databases, Linux, Windows, Excel, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint, etc).
- Must be willing and able to travel, including international travel (travel requirements generally less than 10%).
- IV. Personal Trait Profile
- Exceptional verbal and written communications and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Personal commitment to quality and on-schedule delivery
- The proven ability to establish and meet milestones and deadlines is required.
- Must be versatile, flexible, and proactive when resolving technical issues.
VI. Scope of Responsibility
- Critical to successful implementation of global products based on common platforms
- Critical to successful deployment of high quality and cost effective products
- Key contributor to system architecture for current and future platforms and products
- Increase portfolio of intellectual property and patents