Electrical Designer w/ MicroStation "J" or 7.0 (closed)
Our Client is supporting the design, construction, and operations of a pilot plant in Richmond, KY, that will use advanced technology to neutralize a significant portion of the U.S. government's chemical agent stockpile. As part of the team, you will be actively contributing to a safer world for future generations.
Proficiency in MicroStation Version 7.0 or “J” required
Proficiency in PDS (Plant Design Systems) desired
What you need to know:
- 1. U.S. Citizenship is required to gain access to this site.
- 2. Drug testing and full background check required prior to hire – see special job requirements below!
- 3. Start date: 4/30/12 for 6-12 month contract position.
- 4. Reimbursement of actual lodging cost up to $77day for lodging (taxes not included in the per diem cost – receipts required) plus $46/day for meals (no receipts required)
- 5. Wage Determination Rate: $3.59/hr (first 40 hrs/wk, ONLY if Health benefits are declined.)
- 6. Reasonable travel reimbursement for mobilization and demobilization.
- 7. 10 paid company holidays per calendar year – will be eligible for remaining for 2012
- 8. 10 paid vacation days after 1 year of employment
The successful Electrical CAD Designer will have the following education/experience:
- · 2-year technical degree or certificate of completion from an accredited designer/drafter course (or equivalent) is preferred
- · 4-6 years of relevant experience as an Electrical CAD Designer
- · Proficiency in Microstation Version 7.0 or J and PDS (Plant Design Systems) would be helpful.
- · Ability to pass a background check to gain Unescorted Access to this site.
- · Ability to wear a respirator if required.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
During operations, in approximately 2016, this project will be subject to the Army Regulations (AR50-6 Chemical Surety) which governs persons performing work under the Personnel Reliability Program (PRP) and Unescorted Access Program (UAP). Depending on the work performed and the access granted, a government security investigation and other physical requirements such as respirators may be mandated. Eligibility to be placed in a PRP or UAP position requires US citizenship.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- · Develops difficult and complex layout and design drawings utilizing theoretical and practical design knowledge, that they meet company and industry standards and codes. The Designer at this level is capable of applying the more advanced CAD techniques.
- · Utilizes a CAD workstation to prepare difficult and complex layout and design drawings utilizing theoretical and practical design knowledge. Interprets and ensures conformance to applicable standards and codes, as well as company policies and procedures. Understands and utilizes more advanced software to complete assignments.
- · Works closely with Engineers and other disciplines to ensure coordinated design systems.
- · Meets layout requirements and develops alternate design layouts of systems as required.
- · Ensures compliance with required design safety factors, tolerances, and specifications.
- · Reviews supplier data and supplier/manufacturer drawings, as required.
- · Checks orthographic (2D) and/or isometric (3D) drawings prepared by others. Performs checking procedures as appropriate to the discipline and assigned by immediate supervisor.
- · Assists in training lower-level Designers in various procedures.
- · Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.