Airline Stores Clerk - DTW (closed)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the efficient performance of warehousing operations including storage, security and accountability of aircraft materials.
- Additionally responsible for the movement of repairable materials out to/return from repair vendors and company shops.
- Ensures timely and accurate receipt of inbound purchases and repairs.
- Responsible for resolution and reporting of any shipping or receiving problems to supervision.
- Comply with procedures related to safety and departmental Standards.
- Responsible for acquiring aircraft on ground (AOG) parts during off-business hours.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate computerized inventory and handling vendor discrepancy resolutions.
- Ensures that Company inventory and materials are properly accounted for and binned per industry standards.
- Prepares materials needed for daily maintenance readiness and redistribution.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with shipping, receiving, storing of hazardous materials, including employee awareness and training requirements.
- Performs additional functions (essential or otherwise) which may be assigned from time to time.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds. Climb stairs and ladders. Be capable of using small tools (hammer, crowbar, and screwdriver). Must be capable of using ground equipment (Forklift, Pickup Truck) and tow trailer behind pickup truck. Manual dexterity to operate a computer.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Working in hangar/stockroom, subjected to noises due to proximity of airport runways, from use of pneumatic tools.
High school diploma and one (1) year previous experience in inventory control, purchasing or warehouse logistics. Computer experience. Ability to work well without supervision.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:Experience and knowledge in functional area. Knowledge and user experience with software programs related to departmental systems and electronic media. Ability to be certified in the handling of hazardous materials. Ability to qualify for Airport Operating Area (AOA) badge. Must possess good oral and written communications skills and problem solving skills. Must have valid state Driver’s License. Must be able to read, write and understand the English language. Must be willing to work occasional odd hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
TO APPLY PLEASE GO TO: http://www.airlineapps.com/transition/92/job_details.asp?jobid=242938
TO SEE A LIST OF OUR BENEFITS PLEASE GO TO www.mypinnaclebenefits.com