Manager Technical Systems Engine Starting and Operability (closed)
This is an exciting opportunity for a person ready to demonstrate their leadership ability by managing the Phoenix Engines Starting & Operability group, within the MCOE System Modeling & Analysis COE. The group is responsible for developing and validating transient models for propulsion engines and auxiliary power units and conducting analysis and testing to support development and verification of control schedules related to operability and starting. Areas of analysis include compressor and combustor stability, assisted and windmill starting, fuel interrupt, and overspeed.
Honeywell Aerospace is a $10B+ SBG (Strategic Business Group) with 40,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing, and distributing advanced electronic systems, products, and services to commercial, defense and space industries.
- The selected candidate is responsible and accountable for developing and maintaining technology expertise in Engine starting and operability analysis for applications in all market segments.
- Responsible for capacity planning, resource management, and project staffing to meet external and internal customer deliverables and expectations, including the use of global and external resources.
Provide engine starting and operability modeling and analysis support at all stages of product development including pre-proposal, proposal, preliminary design, final design, development and qualification testing, and in-service support.
- Provide planning and estimates to the Business & General Aviation, Defense & Space, Air Transport & Regional, and Advanced Tech organizations for analytical effort on new or proposed programs which may include computer model construction, hardware development testing, laboratory data reduction and analysis, trade studies, model verification and validation, and flight test studies.
- Develop and acquire state-of-the-art capability in thermodynamic modeling of engines and implementing standard process, tools, and best practices.
- Coordinate the strategies for tools, processes, and re-use with other Honeywell groups that use similar tools and processes (including other Phoenix based Performance Analysis groups as well as Dynamics of Engines and ECS).
- Selecting and developing engineering talent to build a core expertise in engine starting and operability analysis.
- Foster a mentoring/learning environment to ensure a pipeline of technical talent within the organization.
- Responsible and accountable for driving velocity processes related to engine starting and operability analysis.
- Responsible for metrics that reflect the quality and productivity of the department.
- Owns employee management, career development, and championing employee satisfaction for the Engines Starting & Operability Analysis team.
- In addition to managing a work group, will be responsible for delivering personal work product.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related disciplines.
- 7+ years relevant experience in the field.
- Due to Export compliance, candidate must be a US Citizen or lawful permanent resident of US.
- DFSS/Greenbelt Certification.
- Demonstrated skill in coaching, mentoring, and leading people and teams.
- In depth understanding of requirements for Engine operability, starting, and over speed modeling and analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully simplify or improve work processes.