CMS Developer (closed)
CMS Developer -- 2 Positions
Posting Job Description
My Client is a Media Groupthat produces high quality content through a portfolio of brands that span topics as diverse and far reaching as politics, entertainment, fashion, military, gaming, autos, real estate and more.
We are one of the largest news organizations online, featuring original reporting, blogs, video, community and social media.
The focus of the position would be on development of the core CMS, which powers several sites.
We are looking for:
- Strong experience maintaining and extending large-scale Content Management Systems for Websites
- Must be comfortable using a Unix shell
- Good knowledge of manual HTML coding
- Experience in object oriented programming and SQL database design
- Experience working with third-party APIs or making mash-ups
- Experience updating advertising calls
- Production issue resolution (bugs - js/css/jquery)
- Must have the ability to convert website layouts in PSD to HTML
- Create html templates and corresponding css based on pdf files
- Site optimization - finding ways to optimize existing sites (js/css)
- Experience working in a team and developing projects using an OOP approach
- Must enjoy writing beautiful code!
- Positive `can do` attitude; willingness to give it a try
- Able to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, while meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think out of the box and with minimal structure
- Ability to work collaboratively with local and remote colleagues
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player