Data Management R&D Manager (closed)
San Jose, CA
Organization: Technology Growth Platform
Location: San Jose, CA
Travel: Up to75% (Monday - Friday)
Technology Growth Platform:
Accenture Technology Labs is part of Accenture's Technology Growth Platform (TGP). TGP offers a full range of global delivery services-from enterprise solutions, system integration, technical architectures, business intelligence, infrastructure consulting, and technology research/development.
Do you have a passion for emerging technologies and a desire to change the way business gets done? Do you want to participate in pioneering implementations of new solutions for some of the most successful and interesting companies in the world? Accenture Technology Labs is the technology research and development organization within Accenture. We turn bold ideas into game changing results for Accenture and our clients. If you answered yes to the questions above, then a career in Accenture Technology Labs may be for you.
Accenture Technology Labs' Data & Platforms R&D Group is focused on how emerging data technologies are intersecting with new infrastructure platforms, enabling new classes of applications with emphasis on scalability and flexibility. There are two primary R&D initiatives within Data & Platforms:
o Emerging Data Platforms
Creating the next generation of data platforms and data applications - Emerging Data Platforms will cover new data storage and analysis technologies, data as a service, hyper-scale data, distributed applications and the evolution of open source technologies in application platforms.
o Data Management
Focus on enabling better quality and more robust BI and analytics - Data Management will address the key challenges of an organization's ability to procure, manage, and consume the every growing sea of data both inside and outside the enterprise. DM covers data quality, data governance and semantic data approaches.
The Data Management R&D Manager will shape the vision and lead development of the initiative marketplace. The candidate will oversee and lead teams that work to develop, implement and market innovative solutions which change how information is used by organizations to gain competitive advantage and drive new, differentiated outcomes. The candidate will help shape the next generation architectures, policies and programs that appropriately governs data lifecycle needs of an enterprise. New approaches and paradigms are necessary as businesses rely more heavily on information outside the enterprise to remain competitive.
The candidate will be expected to be an active member of the group's ongoing efforts in thought leadership, solution architecture, business case development and technology evaluation and implementation, bringing a spirit of creative and collaborative problem solving to the team. The candidate should establish themselves as experts in one or more of the core technologies relevant to our asset development work. The candidate will lead small teams to deliver projects on time and on budget, transforming early stage proof-of-concept research into commercially deployable assets.
- Work directly with clients to improve their organization's ability to procure, manage, and consume the every growing sea of data both inside and outside the enterprise.
- Independently develop thought leadership pieces, including whitepapers and presentations for senior internal and external audiences that drive next-generation architecture thinking and engagements around use of non-traditional databases and query processing
- Develop assets for specific industries and business applications using new analytical technologies that address cloud and master data management challenges
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
Minimum 5 years of experience in programming and software architecture in one or more of the following: MATLAB, SAS, SPSS, Python, R, C++ or C#, Java, J2EE, Flare, Processing
Minimum 1 year of experience of management experience
Minimum 2 years of experience with core data management techniques: data integration, data quality, data warehousing, OLAP, etc.
- MS in Computer Science, Engineering Mathematics or similar technical discipline
- Experience with Master Data Management and its various flavors - e.g. CMDM (collaborative master data management), PMDM (product master data management), etc.
- Knowledge in the area of non-traditional databases and query processing (e.g. NOSQL, MapReduce)
- Have experience with text analytics
- Experience in creating ontologies, knowledge bases and rules
- Working knowledge of RDF (resource description framework), OWL (Web Ontology Language), SPARQL(Protocol and RDF Query Language)
- Experience in emerging data architecture principles, including data management of heterogeneous data stores and the impacts on systems that process that data
- Consulting experience
- Ability to quickly understand industry problems and identify emerging technologies that can be applied to solve them
- Experience working with enterprise data services (e.g. IRI, Axciom, D&B, Experian, Etc.)
- Experience working with data management tools (e.g. Informatica, BusinessObjects, Etc.)
- Leadership, coordination or participation in organizations and teams
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a data management & analytics team
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Experience in managing own and other's work effort including time management, estimation, completion, issue identification & resolution, and status reporting
- Desire to work in an R&D environment
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a collaborative problem-solving environment
- Base ability to establish credibility with clients and other team members
- Able to exhibit ownership, initiation, and incubation of new ideas and concepts on projects
Proven experience working on an effort to a tangible outcome that can be measured in time and money
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.