IT Analyst - Technical Support
We are currently seeking an IT Analyst for a 6 month contract opportunity in Mississauga.
The ideal candidate will be involved administering network management applications in a large scale network environment for the Network Operations department.
The type of person suitable for this role is one who can play a leadership role, be result oriented, and should be a very strong team player who can independently engage other teams and areas while implementing solutions. The incumbent should be able to bring demonstrable and deep Network Management knowledge and past experience to the table having performed a similar role for at least 5 recent years.
Skill set required:
• A good understanding of network related IT infrastructure
• Experience with Network Management applications/tools. (Must)
• Strong understanding of DNS and DHCP services (Must) and
familiarity with GSS and DD functions (will be a plus)
• Good understanding of SNMP, MIB’s, etc. (Must)
• Experience in maintaining applications on both Windows and Unix platforms (Must)
• Basic understanding of Unix and windows system administration (Must)
• A technical background in key aspects of network related IT infrastructure, including routers, switches, Firewalls, Checkpoint services, LAN/WAN circuits, etc. (Must)
• Experience in scripting (unix shell, PERL) (Must)
• Advanced tools like SQL extraction, data mining, etc. will also be considered a plus
• 5-10 years relevant Network Management application/tools experience working in enterprise infrastructure technology organizations
• Experience with administering network management applications in a large scale network environment.
Keywords: Scripting, CCNA, cisco, SNMP, PERL