User Experience Architect (closed)
User Experience Architect - 6 openings.
Contract to hire, Or Permanent/Full time roles.
Fortune 500 client. Chicago, IL.
Job Description & Skills:
Please Note: will require samples/ links / portfolio of completed projects.
Works as the primary partner with Product Management, Engineering, and Merchandising to identify and understand opportunities. Collaborates with Copy, Visual Design, Front-end development, Research, and Engineering to drive elegant solutions that meet customer and business expectations.
§ Understand competitive landscape within core area of responsibility
§ Collaborate with Product Management on creation of creative briefs and/or product requirements documentation
§ Conceptualize opportunities and experiences using sketching, storyboarding, information modeling, and other methods
§ Refine and document experiences in frameworks, site maps, page flows, interaction models and wireframe specifications
§ Actively participate in design reviews at every stage of the process
§ Address and facilitate resolution of interaction issues on the site
§ Actively engage in ongoing comparative and competitive analysis of the SHC properties and competition
§ Adopt and support established discipline guidelines and standards and participate in creating new ones as needed.
§ Contribute to evolving UX pattern and component library.
§ Participate in planning UX tasks, deliverables and timelines.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in design for web, mobile and other electronic disciplines
• College Degree in HCI, Industrial or Interactive Design, or equivalent experience
• Emphasis in Human-centered design, grounded in human fundamentals: human factors, anthropology, rhetoric, cognitive psychology,
• You MUST have a strong understanding of user experience design process and interaction design to be considered
• You MUST have experience conducting user research, concept testing, and usability testing to develop user personas and scenarios and translating them into design decisions
• Ability to prioritize multiple design projects in a fast paced environment.
• Comfortable working in an Entrepreneurial environment
• Strong knowledge of User Centered Design and product development methodologies
• Strong knowledge of all of the software required (visio, graffle, axure)
• Understands the concept and practice of “Responsive” web design
• Has and maintains a Pintrest, Tumblr, Twitter or Facebook account
• Background knowledge in Content Management Systems